4752 replies to this topic

#2861 Sherri84

• 169 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:43 PM

Oh wow Nat, you do have tiny feet lol :( Thanks for trying tho

#2862 shellymr83

• 11 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:48 AM

I am "trying" to plan my wedding for May 20, 2011 at Dreams Punta Cana, but have had nothing but trouble getting in contact with everyone there.  The WC never responds to emails so I am not even certain if she has my date held.  The reservations contact, Claudio, keeps telling me he will email a proposal for group booking, but I have yet to see anything.  Are there any suggestions as to what to do here?  Should I continue my wedding with the Dreams Punta Cana?  It looks like a great place, but I am becoming extremely frustrated!  

Have a great day!

#2863 JackieandTim

• 61 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:06 AM

Hi Shelly,

Sorry to hear about your frustrations. How long have you been waiting for a response from the WC? Did you fill out the wedding date request form? They definitely have the Caribbean attitude going on where everything gets done on their time so my advice is remain patient. All the brides that have gotten married here have nothing but great things to say about their experience.

I don't have much advice for the reservations contact. We contacted someone towards the end of last year about getting a special price for our guests. She came back to us with a price that was more expensive than their own website was showing. Therefore we advised our guests to just book through the Dreams website or however they want.

Good luck with everything!

#2864 Bryjenbry

• 229 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:36 AM

Misty you looking stunning in the pictures! Love the dress!

#2865 PynkLemonade

• 350 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by lyndsay_h 

Wow those pictures are amazing!!!  You guys looked great.

Originally Posted by welljen 

Misty your photos are amazing!!! 

- Jenn

Originally Posted by Bryjenbry 

Misty you looking stunning in the pictures! Love the dress!

Thanks Ladies!!! I had the time of my life in those pictures, even though I did have a split second where I told her I couldn't get the dress wet the next morning, lol. But then I was like whatever, I came this far, I am going to go all out!!! 

#2866 welljen

• Site Supporter
            • 94 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:56 PM

Hey Shelly, 

JackieandTim is right, they do take their time with the replies, but their responses are usually pretty thorough.

You said that your date is May 20, 2011 have you completed the wedding reservation form and received their confirmation? If not, let me know and I can send you the form to fill out.

Also, just wanted to make sure you have the right email address, I've put the two addresses I've used in the past below:

weddings2.drepc@dreamsresorts.com; weddings.drepc@dreamsresorts.com

Good luck!

#2867 ksugirl

• 21 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:40 PM

I had the same trouble when I tried to go about it on my own.  I sent my date request and didn't hear anything back after 3 weeks.  Luckily though, my travel agent set it all up for me and they had a confirmation in 3 days.  If you you are using a travel agent, I would try to go through them.  I think the resorts respond to them better because they are a company.  Good luck!

#2868 beachbum2010

• 73 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:39 PM

I would stay persistent and patient!!  I am getting married at DPC in November 2010 and it took a few weeks to get my date confirmed and I did not have near the amount of time you had for planning.  At the beginning of the summer is their peak times for weddings and was taking the WC a while to get back to me.  More recently, she has been averaging a few days after I email her.  Once you fill out your wedding request form, she has to wait for the judge - if you are having a civil ceremony - to confirm the date/time etc.  I would be patient and continue to send emails....that was what I did.  Happy planning!

#2869 beachbum2010

• 73 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:41 PM

Misty...your pictures are beautiful!!

#2870 keight

• 13 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:30 PM

Hi ladies,

We are bringing our own photographer with us for our wedding.  Has anybody been penalized for doing so and not using the resort photographer?  Our wedding package we chose includes 36 professional photos, are we able to exchange that for something else?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users