Photo

Dreams Punta Cana Brides

• Please log in to reply
4752 replies to this topic

#2741 JackieandTim

JackieandTim
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:06 AM

Ska, I am having my reception on the Himitsu Terrace as well. I saw pictures of a reception on the Himitsu at night on the Dreams Punta Cana Brides Facebook page. It looked pretty lit up so I would worry too much about the lighting.
    Also, how much are you paying for DJ Mannia? I am getting my DJ through the resort but I am starting to wonder if it is around the same price it may be a better option to book outside of the package.

#2742 JackieandTim

JackieandTim
    • 61 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:07 AM

*wouldn't worry

#2743 PynkLemonade

PynkLemonade
      • 350 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:11 AM

DJ Mannia is $850.00 and the resort DJ is $350.00

#2744 ska2m

ska2m
        • Site Supporter
        • 150 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:37 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by JackieandTim
          Ska, I am having my reception on the Himitsu Terrace as well. I saw pictures of a reception on the Himitsu at night on the Dreams Punta Cana Brides Facebook page. It looked pretty lit up so I would worry too much about the lighting.
          Also, how much are you paying for DJ Mannia? I am getting my DJ through the resort but I am starting to wonder if it is around the same price it may be a better option to book outside of the package.
          Thanks Jackie. I will look at the pictures on facebook, i must have missed them! =)
          As for our DJ, he is costing $850 USD for 4 hours, which includes lighting and all the sound system and songs. He required a 50% deposit, which i already made. You will also meet with him a day or two before the wedding to go over your playlist. He is very familiar with DPC.

I chose not to use any of the vendors onsite as they were way too expensive. The dj on-site was cheap, but that didn't include MC services and also i believe it was less than 4 hours.

For photographer, I also chose Michael Weiler instead of the one on-site. Onsite was charging you $10 per picture OR negative!! That's insanely expensive. So I will only be using them for the "free 50 pictures" that is included in my package during the ceremony.

Hope this helps!
          Ska Ska

#2745 JackieandTim

JackieandTim
          • 61 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:49 AM

Thanks for the info about the DJ. I am going to talk to my fiance about that.
            The pictures of the reception on the Himitru Terrace are on the "Dreams Punta Cana Brides" page not the "Dreams Punta Cana" page. There are only 2 of them but definitely gives a good idea of what it looks like at night.

#2746 ska2m

ska2m
            • Site Supporter
            • 150 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:49 PM

Thanks Jackie! Picture helped out a lot to see it at night!

#2747 PynkLemonade

PynkLemonade
              • 350 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:51 AM

Hey girls! I finally got a response from the resort and Yessica will be my coordinator. I am kinda disappointed that she told me the Bordeaux Terrace is already reserved for that date when I am positive I told Deyanira I wanted to reserve that location. She said Hitmitsu and El Patio are first come, first serve basis, what does that mean? Do I have to wait till I get there to see what they have available or should I just send her an email and request one of those now.... Ugh, wasn't trying to use either one of those locations but I guess I have no choice...either way I'm relieved now :) I'll keep you guys updated!

Misty

#2748 ska2m

ska2m
                • Site Supporter
                • 150 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:07 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PynkLemonade
                  Hey girls! I finally got a response from the resort and Yessica will be my coordinator. I am kinda disappointed that she told me the Bordeaux Terrace is already reserved for that date when I am positive I told Deyanira I wanted to reserve that location. She said Hitmitsu and El Patio are first come, first serve basis, what does that mean? Do I have to wait till I get there to see what they have available or should I just send her an email and request one of those now.... Ugh, wasn't trying to use either one of those locations but I guess I have no choice...either way I'm relieved now :) I'll keep you guys updated!

Misty
                  Hey Misty!

I don't think you need to wait until you arrive in DR to get the Himitsu or El Patio. When I visited i put the request in on the spot along with my downpayment for what I wanted. Then Deyanira gave me a paper with all the details of my wedding. Including ceremony time and location.

Thanks,
                  Ska Ska

#2749 PynkLemonade

PynkLemonade
                  • 350 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:20 AM

OK good, because I just sent her an email asking her to confirm that we can have the Hitmitsu Terrace. Come on 3 weeks!

#2750 xxashleyxx007

xxashleyxx007
                    • 227 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:35 PM

Nat - SO happy for you, congrats and glad to hear it was all worth it. :) Cant' wait to see your pictures and read your recap & review!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users