Photo

Dreams Punta Cana Brides

• Please log in to reply
4752 replies to this topic

#191 chika

chika
  • 147 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:08 AM

Congratulations Tara on choosing Dreams! It is such a gorgeous resort I'm sure you will love it. :)

#192 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
    • 949 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:32 AM

welcome tara!! so glad to have another april 2010 bride on here! you're just about 2 weeks before me!

#193 taratoons

taratoons
      • 123 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 06:58 AM

Thanks everyone, I'm very excited! It was a tough decision between DPC and DPB, but I just can't get over the terrace reception sites they have there, I got goosebumps when I saw them!

Have any of you been there before? Do you have a list of pros and cons at all, or things to look out for?

Congrats to everyone getting married at this awesome resort! :0)

Tara

#194 mimosa123

mimosa123
        • 153 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 04:04 AM

Congratulations Everyone! I am set on Dreams Punta Cana but I keep searching other options

Is it standard practice to have the balance of your trip payed 60 days prior to your event? I am planning for an April 2010 wedding which means my guests have until the end of Jan to save

#195 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
          • 949 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:10 PM

mimosa... i think it depends on who you book through. my guests have to pay in full 45 days before, so 60 doesn't seem entirely unreasonable.

#196 chika

chika
            • 147 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:27 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by taratoons
              Thanks everyone, I'm very excited! It was a tough decision between DPC and DPB, but I just can't get over the terrace reception sites they have there, I got goosebumps when I saw them!

Have any of you been there before? Do you have a list of pros and cons at all, or things to look out for?

Congrats to everyone getting married at this awesome resort! :0)

Tara
              Hi Tara,

The terraces are just gorgeous! This was where I was married last November. It was amazing and I would do it again (at Dreams Punta Cana) in a heartbeat.

Any questions, let me know!

#197 ndinn

ndinn
              • 29 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:56 PM

I just received my confirmation of the time of my ceremony for April 28/2010. Getting pretty excited! I have made the STD's and passed most of them out. Only 6 people booked so far (me and FI included).
                Now I have to put a deposit on the wedding. $100 deposit for the wedding that is complimentary if you qualify and $500 for the more expensive pacakges. I was wondering if I only put down $100 now would I still be able to get the other package if I change my mind depending on the number of guests? Has anyone else had experience in this?

Also, those who are bringing their own photographers... are they from DR? and if not, do you pay for their trip to DR plus cost of photographer services?

#198 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
                • 949 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:28 PM

i think it's cool we're getting married there on the same day, but now i'm a little nervous that they lost my confirmation or something! i got it way back on march 3rd!

as far as the photog.. i'm bringing my own, but the DR has several good ones. the pricing for bringing you owns differs from photog to photog, but what i mostly saw was the price of travel + the photography package.

#199 taratoons

taratoons
                  • 123 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:12 PM

Hi guys!

Chika - I'm glad to hear good feedback about the terraces! Which one did hold your reception on? I'm torn, I love them all, but I'm leaning toward Bordeaux terrace, EXCEPT that I think you can only have 40 people on it, and we're not sure how many people to expect! :0S

Ndinn - We're taking a photographer from home with us (if everything works out, that is. We have a meeting with her tomorrow night!). We met her at a bridal show, and she's never photographed a destination wedding before, but wants the experience for her portfolio. So far, she has maintained that she will do our wedding if we pay for her travel expenses, and $200 for child care services. This is totally fine with us, and about 1/2 of what we budgeted, so we're really hoping it works out! I have read good things about the photographers there as well, but for me, photos are super important (I take over 1000 every trip I'm on!), so I wanted to see the photographer's work, and know her personality. Plus, taking someone with you means that you can work out in the contract for them to photograph more than just the wedding day. For example, if you wanted them to capture a welcome party, rehearsal dinner, excursion, trash the dress, etc.

#200 ndinn

ndinn
                    • 29 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:52 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ebredhawk
                      i think it's cool we're getting married there on the same day, but now i'm a little nervous that they lost my confirmation or something! i got it way back on march 3rd!

as far as the photog.. i'm bringing my own, but the DR has several good ones. the pricing for bringing you owns differs from photog to photog, but what i mostly saw was the price of travel + the photography package.
                      I wouldn't worry! What time are you getting married? There were a few different times that I could choose from. We are getting married at 5 pm.

I guess I will have to look into the photog thing. Have you heard anything good from any photog in particular in DR?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users