| Originally Posted by soccergurl3 |
Has anybody else had problems with the planning of their wedding at this resort? My wedding is in 3 weeks and all that the wedding coordiantor has gotten back to me with is the menus. Like i have no idea where our reception is booked, whether she even booked our photographer or videographer or what the cakes look like or anything. We are just going with the free wedding package so that leaves alot for the imagination...
I am completely stressed out and have not recieved replies in over a month!!! This is after I had at least 10 problems with the wedding coordinator herself.
First she told me that i couldn't have a legal mearriage (which really sucks) because that is what we wanted. Then I have like 3 or 4 coordinators emailing me various things like:
1. You do not even have a wedding booked at our resort
2. Someone else has taken your time slot for the wedding
3. I am your coordinator please send the money for the package you want (after i already sent money and already had a coordinator
4. We have no record that you are even booked with our resort to stay.
I seriously should not be this stressed but their wedding department is giving me no other options. They are honestly the hardest people to get a hold of and when you do they tell you conflicting information....I don't know what to do I seriously just want to cry
Hi sweetie, first of all take a big breath and pour yourself a glass of wine. 3 weeks is still enough time to fix everything no matter how confusing the situation appears right now. It is absolutely normal to feel stressed and emotional so close to the wedding and with so many things up the air. My advice would be:
1.Find out who the manager is for the WC's, its probably the groups and events manager for the resort (call the reception of the hotel and ask for that person).
2. Very calmly with all the strength you can compose, explain to this person your issues, point by point (have them written down so you dont go off on a tangent). Please trust me, the calmer you are the more they will help you.
3. Find out what is and isnt booked and write down what she tells you is not booked. Then send an email immediatly after asking her to confirm ASAP the unbooked items.
4. If you really dont have a judge for the day you can consider the following option: Sign the legal papers with the judge in the morning (Quietly, no one has to know) and then in front of friends and family hold a symbolic ceremony, the retired judge is available for symbolic weddings and your guests wont know you've already signed the papers.
Your wedding will be fabulous, just take a deep breath and start managing the resort!!