Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Punta Cana Brides


  • Please log in to reply
4752 replies to this topic

#1231 Jocy

Jocy
  • Jr. Member
  • 209 posts

    Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:32 AM

    Hey Tam,

    I think if you don't care where people sit then don't bother!! Remember...it's you're wedding so you get to pick all the little details!! :o)

    #1232 nsbride2010

    nsbride2010
    • Sr. Member
    • 2,528 posts

      Posted 24 November 2009 - 12:22 PM

      I don;t think you need them for that few people... people will kind of arrange themselves in a group that small!
      Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

      #1233 krismac15

      krismac15
      • Newbie
      • 5 posts

        Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:32 PM

        I'm getting married at Dreams in about 6 months and I'm having some major problems with communication. I've tried emailing the photographer that Dreams uses (Tropical Pictures) twice and still have not heard back from them. Has anyone had problems with this or have suggestions?

        Also, I've contacted the document service (WEDO) twice to find out when to send them my documents to be translated and have not heard back from them either! Please let me know if any of you have used these services or have other suggestions instead. Thanks!

        #1234 nsbride2010

        nsbride2010
        • Sr. Member
        • 2,528 posts

          Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:37 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by krismac15
          I'm getting married at Dreams in about 6 months and I'm having some major problems with communication. I've tried emailing the photographer that Dreams uses (Tropical Pictures) twice and still have not heard back from them. Has anyone had problems with this or have suggestions?

          Also, I've contacted the document service (WEDO) twice to find out when to send them my documents to be translated and have not heard back from them either! Please let me know if any of you have used these services or have other suggestions instead. Thanks!

          As far as the photographer, I don't know much about the resorts services, since I contracted Huellas del Caribe for ours... perhaps you might want to think about contracting an outside photog if you are already having communication problems with Tropical Pictures!

          As well, here in Canada we use the Dominican embassy in Canada for translation services, so thats an idea you can look into... maybe some of our American girls can help you with that one! :)
          Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

          #1235 Tam

          Tam
          • Member
          • 551 posts

            Posted 25 November 2009 - 02:22 AM

            Hey, not sure why I can't find the 2010 menu pricing list, so can someone send it to me again.. maybe I never had it.. I can only find the 2009 list.
            Apparently too, Deyanira has me booked in the Himitsu for our reception.. does anyone know if it faces the ocean too? I thought we were going to be in the Bordeaux so I need to let her know I guess.

            Do you guys think if we have a champagne toast after the ceremony that we still need to have a cocktail and snack session too? We are getting married around 3, should be done by 3:30 and then will do pics... i guess dinner will be for 6ish.. maybe I should because of the time gap.

            #1236 Tam

            Tam
            • Member
            • 551 posts

              Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:01 PM

              OMG this is the quietest I have ever seen this thread....
              anyhow, I finally received my table runners and sashes today.
              sashes look good... table runners are good enough, but certainly not the best quality. I am actually quite disappointed in the cheapness of them, but whatever I am using them.
              If I had know what they would look like before, I would have stuck with the original plan to buy a big table cloth and cut it into strips and make runners ourselves.. well my Mom would anyway!...

              #1237 Adrian'sMommy

              Adrian'sMommy
              • Newbie
              • 21 posts

                Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:01 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Tam
                OMG this is the quietest I have ever seen this thread....
                anyhow, I finally received my table runners and sashes today.
                sashes look good... table runners are good enough, but certainly not the best quality. I am actually quite disappointed in the cheapness of them, but whatever I am using them.
                If I had know what they would look like before, I would have stuck with the original plan to buy a big table cloth and cut it into strips and make runners ourselves.. well my Mom would anyway!...

                Hi Tam,

                We are doing black and white as well and I was going to offer to split the cost with you. I wish I saw this post earlier but I went out and bought organza to make my own sashes.

                I was looking to find the sample pgs of advil or tylenol and imodium where did you find yours?

                I can't believe how quick everything is creeping up!!!!!

                #1238 ebredhawk

                ebredhawk
                • Member
                • 949 posts

                  Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:12 PM

                  krismac15, i'm not sure how far into the planning process you are, but because of the whole mess with the translations, etc. a lot of us have chosen to just do symbolic ceremonies there and do the legal part at home. i know if you do a search on the forum for "wedo" you should be able to find a lot of help and probably good contact information too. i also agree with nat about the photographers.. if you're not getting any response, you may either want to call or look at some of the other photogs in PC... there are quite a few!

                  tam.. you may be able to see the ocean from himitsu (i'd check the resort map on the dreams site) but once it gets dark you won't be able to see the ocean anyway, so i wouldn't let that be a deal breaker!

                  i ordered my table runners online too... it was just way less expensive to do it that way. i'm not thrilled with the quality either, but i had to revert to my wedding planning sanity check which is asking myself "is anyone going to notice or care?" and since the answer is "no", i can move on!

                  #1239 Tam

                  Tam
                  • Member
                  • 551 posts

                    Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:19 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Adrian'sMommy
                    Hi Tam,

                    We are doing black and white as well and I was going to offer to split the cost with you. I wish I saw this post earlier but I went out and bought organza to make my own sashes.

                    I was looking to find the sample pgs of advil or tylenol and imodium where did you find yours?

                    I can't believe how quick everything is creeping up!!!!!
                    I actually just ordered that stuff from northernsafety.com but had it sent to my FBIL's house in Texas so I wouldn't have to pay the brokerage fees to come to Canada

                    #1240 cogswellgray

                    cogswellgray
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 330 posts

                      Posted 26 November 2009 - 05:24 PM

                      Remember why your getting married there ladies! For the simplicity & natural beauty of it all! Don't worry about all the frills your packing with your stuff, the resort will be beautiful enough ;-)
                      Happy Thanksgiving & happy planning!!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users