Dreams Punta Cana Brides

Originally Posted by msvasq View Post

Ladies!!!

Not sure if any of you are on the Brides Punta Cana FB group - but I just learned last night that the resort is NO LONGER allowing outside vendors!!!!!!

It is truly outrageous and unacceptable especially because the resort has not communicated this to anyone unless you ask. I drafted a letter if you want to use is. But everyone is reaching out individually to fight this. 

To Whom It May Concern:

It has come to our attention that new rules have been implemented at the Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa restricting outside vendors from providing services to weddings. These restrictions were never clearly communicated to those who booked a wedding at the Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa and have only come to light recently from outside sources. 

It is unacceptable and bad business for a resort to change its rules without proper notification to brides/grooms and families leaving us all dumbfounded and at a loss on what to do next; especially after brides were provided information by their appointed wedding coordinator that outside vendors were allowed for a fee. 

We all have chosen the Dreams Punta Cana Resort for a reason and for this to happen mid-way preparations is truly disheartening. We all have already taken a leap of faith to have our wedding far from the comforts of home - and we rely on communication to ensure our special day happens as we all have dreamed it would.

We hope that you take this letter seriously and remedy this issue in a timely manner as best you can to satisfy our needs as well as yours. It is our hope that no future bride will ever have to endure such lack of consideration from your resort in the future.

Thank you,

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! Excuses my French but this is F%$&^^ BULL S^$%!!!!!!!!!!  Awesome Only 44 more days and they pull this CRAP!  Thank you the draft! I will be raising Hell!!!!

Originally Posted by Chinanow View Post

they tried that crap before..see posts in like 325 range....sometime last year and there was such a huge backlash that they had to drop that policy!!...Hmm has anyone looked on their facebook page abotu this policy?

wow i cannot believe that this has happened before! its sad!

So this may have been a false alarm from the post it seems like there was someone who gave out wrong information to a bride. Someone finally received a response:

I hope this email finds you well!

Please accepts my apologies for this inconvenience as per our property policy, the feed for outside vendors for 2013 is usd 150.00 for each vendor. .

I am so sorry about any inconvenience that this situation may cause to you.

I remain at your service.

tCruz I'm sorry for getting you all worried. all should be OK - but just in case double check w/ your coordinator! these ppl really should know better that we ALL TALK :) 

Tcruz - I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it all!!!!!  thats going to look amazing. where is your reception again?  are you handling the decor or asking that they do it?

did they tell you that they charge to hang things up? i just want to make i'm not getting scammed LOL -- b/c i asked & since i was thinking of hanging chinese lanterns I was told they $1 per lantern.

would you mind if i borrow your votive candle idea?? that is just amazing! cheesy.gif

& again so sorry you got all upset for hopefully nothing! 

Originally Posted by Tcruz21 View Post

@ Chinanow Awwww much better...Sorry for the Delay Im 45 days out till D day and Im pretty sure I have never been this stressed out in my life!  I went to Michael's and bought those fake t-lights.  Im going to test them out this week to see if the give off enough light.  If not then Ill have to go real.  Which im worried about since of the paper pom poms.  I am getting married 10/11/12! : ) at 6 pm on the beach!  My colors are Dark purple w/ pink and orange and white...haha  Mostly dark purple with those as my ascent colors! : )

@ msvasq  Im going to be pre making all of my pom poms before hand.  Im hoping to buy some type of bin ( at walmart or target) something big and small enough to put in my suite case that way once I get down there all i have to do is take out the bin and fold and string!  Thats the plan as of right now.  I might try shoe boxes too!  Me and My husband to be will be carrying two suite cases each.  CROSS MY FINGERS its not too much with the wedding dress too : /

Also I sent a pic of the flowers I want.  She said NP they would have to dye or paint them to that color.  Which at this point I dont even care!  Im also doing real flowers in my hair and for my cake topper.  Both are 50 bucks each.  Im hoping its money well spent.  Just one less thing I have to worry about! : )

Te Gusta???? lol 

Originally Posted by CindyB View Post

I finally got my date and the judge confirmed!  June 20, 2013, 6 pm, on the beach?  Any other brides getting married that week?

Cindy! Congrats on setting your date! :)  i'm getting married June 28th!   how long will is your stay?

Originally Posted by msvasq View Post

Tcruz - I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it all!!!!!  thats going to look amazing. where is your reception again?  are you handling the decor or asking that they do it?

did they tell you that they charge to hang things up? i just want to make i'm not getting scammed LOL -- b/c i asked & since i was thinking of hanging chinese lanterns I was told they $1 per lantern.

would you mind if i borrow your votive candle idea?? that is just amazing! cheesy.gif

& again so sorry you got all upset for hopefully nothing! 

Msvasq,

Is that $1 a pompom for them to hang it up? Crap...well that's good to know..I'll just do a couple...like 20 of them since I don't have many guests...Jeeze...that's good to know!

Msvasq,

Is that $1 a pompom for them to hang it up? Crap...well that's good to know..I'll just do a couple...like 20 of them since I don't have many guests...Jeeze...that's good to know!

@ Msvasq and Chinanow WWWWHHHHHHAAAAAT A buck and hang!  I was under the impression that the whole ceremony and reception was free if you do a package meal!  I did see that there was a charge for set up for the reception.  5 bucks per person for set up and clean up.  I asked on Dreams Punta Cana Brides if that was true.  One bride responded and said no if you do a package meal.  SIGH but ill ask...I wont be surprised if they do charge me!  Jerks lol jk

My reception will be at the Porofino : ) Im hoping since my wedding is at 6pm by the time we have dinner it will have cooled off and its by the ocean so im hoping the breeze will help too!

Of course silly you can steal as much as you want!  You are all the blind leading the blind getting married at a place we have all never seen!  Im not sure what I would have done w/o Pinterest, Etsy, and FB!  These websites help a ton too!  So please steal away!!! : ) As soon as I get married ill be back to tell you all the DOs and DONTs! I know how much it helped me to hear what other brides have done : )

Wedding Favors Bought them on Etsy I believe 17.00 Each...Doing one Frame per room

Wedding Dress 1st Fitting I hope it will work for the beach! Allure

Wedding Invites done by a local vendor..1.50 EACH!!!!

1000 Hope this Helps Ladies! : )  43 more days!  YIKES!!!!

Originally Posted by Tcruz21 View Post

Quote:

Msvasq,

@ Msvasq and Chinanow WWWWHHHHHHAAAAAT A buck and hang!  I was under the impression that the whole ceremony and reception was free if you do a package meal!  I did see that there was a charge for set up for the reception.  5 bucks per person for set up and clean up.  I asked on Dreams Punta Cana Brides if that was true.  One bride responded and said no if you do a package meal.  SIGH but ill ask...I wont be surprised if they do charge me!  Jerks lol jk

My reception will be at the Porofino : ) Im hoping since my wedding is at 6pm by the time we have dinner it will have cooled off and its by the ocean so im hoping the breeze will help too!

Of course silly you can steal as much as you want!  You are all the blind leading the blind getting married at a place we have all never seen!  Im not sure what I would have done w/o Pinterest, Etsy, and FB!  These websites help a ton too!  So please steal away!!! : ) As soon as I get married ill be back to tell you all the DOs and DONTs! I know how much it helped me to hear what other brides have done : )

Wedding Favors Bought them on Etsy I believe 17.00 Each...Doing one Frame per room

Wedding Dress 1st Fitting I hope it will work for the beach! Allure

Wedding Invites done by a local vendor..1.50 EACH!!!!

1000 Hope this Helps Ladies! : )  43 more days!  YIKES!!!!

wow! sooo pretty! love your dress... lucky girl you're wedding is almost here =) Mine isn't until next August and now I'm all excited and wishing it was this year, lol...don't know how I will be able to deal with waiting a WHOLE year, oh well, can't wait to hear about your big day! Especially because I am also having a 6pm ceremony and have been thinking maybe it's not a great idea because it may not give us enough time to do the cocktail hour and reception, announcements, etc. but we'll see