LadyCheese

Dreams Punta Cana Brides

We're planning on having a cocktail hour as we want a longer reception and it's cheaper to do the cocktail hour than to pay for an hour at the end - makes no sense to me!

I am having a cocktail hour as well (its included with our package though). From what I heard, right after the ceremony is over they try to move your wedding party right along to the next thing. At least the cocktail hour will keep guests occupied while we take some pictures, and then we join them when we are done.

Ladies....I just read a review on Trip Advisor from a bride who indicated the wedding and Awilda were awesome! She did say though that Awilda is leaving...Has anyone had recent contact with a Wedding Planner/Awilda?

For me it was about a month before I had heard back from the resort- if you are on a time constraint then you should call them.

As for the cake, I highly recommend that you read through the previous posts (which I think is really helpful for anyone on here- its a pain, but you learn SO much starting from page 1) previous brides have posted pictures of their cakes and talk about the flavors they have liked!

Our wedding is coming up and we have decided to not have a reception (mainly because we are cheap haha), would a bonfire for a few hours plus bar service be good enough to keep people busy and happy?

Wow DRwedgal!!! How exciting! You are going to have an amazing time! Can't wait to see your pictures and hear all about it when you get back! Have an awesome time!