Dreams Punta Cana Brides

I don't have answers to all your questions but here's what I have read.

When you arrive at your room you should have a letter from your WC waiting for you indicating when and where to meet her to discuss your wedding.

I'm not sure of the most convenient way to pay, but make sure you keep a receipt for EVERYTHING you purchase from them. I have heard stories where some resorts try to charge people for things they have already paid for.

I read somewhere that someone tipped their WC $100. I'm actually not sure if this is too much or too little. I was thinking its a bit much. Anyone else?

I believe if you do not hire a DJ and would just like to play music through you IPOD you will have to rent the sound system from them. The Dreams website lists the cost for renting.

Hope this helps! 

Originally Posted by soon2bmrs View Post

Hiya Ladies, 

My June 15th wedding date is fast approaching.  Trying to not think about it too much but everyone seems to be doing a countdown on our behalf.  Needless to say, I'm starting to get the jitters, and just because it's a destination wedding, it doesn't mean you're not moved by the same worries of things going as planned.  I'm excited, anxious, worried,.... You get the drift.  Please help me reduce some stress by answering these questions for me:

When and how does the WC set an appointment to meet you once you've arrived at the resort?

What is the best and convenient way to pay for the wedding (cash, credit) - we want to avoid bringing too much cash with the risk of losing it and whatnot-?

Who should get tipped after the wedding -I noticed gratuities are added to the package prices-?

How much should the WC get for tip?

Do they provide the wires to hook the ipod to their sound system - if not, will I have to bring my own?

Phew!

I think that's it. 

The WC told us the week before we left when and where to meet her.  If this doesn't happen you will get a letter from her in your room.

I personally think the easiest way to pay is your credit card.  Watch YOUR BILL ours was wrong 3 seperate times and still wasn't right at the time of check out

The only person we tipped was the wedding co-ordinator and I only tipped $50.00 I personally didn't like her AT ALL but she was a stand in for Yessica

The wedding coordinator sets up the sound system and the ipod you don't have to worry about that.

Originally Posted by soon2bmrs View Post

Hiya Ladies, 

My June 15th wedding date is fast approaching.  Trying to not think about it too much but everyone seems to be doing a countdown on our behalf.  Needless to say, I'm starting to get the jitters, and just because it's a destination wedding, it doesn't mean you're not moved by the same worries of things going as planned.  I'm excited, anxious, worried,.... You get the drift.  Please help me reduce some stress by answering these questions for me:

When and how does the WC set an appointment to meet you once you've arrived at the resort?

What is the best and convenient way to pay for the wedding (cash, credit) - we want to avoid bringing too much cash with the risk of losing it and whatnot-?

Who should get tipped after the wedding -I noticed gratuities are added to the package prices-?

How much should the WC get for tip?

Do they provide the wires to hook the ipod to their sound system - if not, will I have to bring my own?

Phew!

I think that's it. 

Rawr!! Ok ladies, I've officially had my first bridezilla moment, and feel like I have to vent, and also I think it might be helpful information. 

I know a bunch of you have seen the new photos on the Dreams website of the wedding and reception sites.  They are absolutely beautiful and with some of the things that have been changing lately with Dreams (like the change in the photographer policy) I was like perfect, that's exactly what I want, if it's on the Dreams website, maybe they offer the things in the pictures like the chairs and lanterns, different linens etc. 

So I inquired from Dreams and was basically told probably not but we'll look into it.  So in the meantime I contacted an outside wedding planner in the DR, she has everything I want and is offering it at a very reasonable price.  So I waited to hear from Dreams (1) if they could provide the things I wanted or (2) would allow me to have an outside vendor provide them.  After three weeks of no response (which has put me into a holding pattern as far as ordering the things myself b/c I would rather have them provide everything possible so I don't have to ship or travel with any more stuff than absolutely necessary thereby incurring even more costs) and with my wedding about 37 days away I finally freaked out. 

I've been calling the resort all day and they basically told me there's still no information about whether they can get the items I requested (linens, lanterns, tall vases) besides the chairs which they quoted me $20 per chair, and that they WOULD NOT allow any outside vendors for the wedding.

In the meantime I had also put a post on the Dreams facebook page to try to generate some kind of response as to whether or not I can get my hands on the things in pictures or not.  The response to my angry post by the concierge is that the pictures are to inspire the events that can be held on the resort, and that you CAN use outside vendors to achieve these results.  So I've forwarded this response to the wedding department and am waiting for a response.  I'll be sure to fill everyone in with the verdict when I get it. 

I'm just really frustrated at this point, but have my fingers crossed that there will be a good resolution to this.  Maybe I'm just overreacting, but I really want me wedding to look like something in those pictures and the fact that the resort is not helping to accommodate their brides achieve the results they have posted on their website is pushing me over the edge.

Sigh.  Ok, I'm done complaining.

The resort photographer does take additional pictures after your ceremony but you are only able to receive the 50 pictures available in the package from the ceremony itself.  All additional photos are extra $$.  We were priced $1000 for a DVD of all the photos (approx. 175 of them).  This DVD was a version that could be edited at home, but you can get a DVD that you can't edit and it was a bit cheaper.  The video is only of the ceremony but it was well edited and we really love ours.

We asked a few friends and family to take lots of pictues of the whole evening (ceremony and reception).  That way we could edit them at home and all we had to do is buy a $25 memory card to store them all on and print off whatever we wanted.  It worked great!  We received more than 1200 pictures and we can make them look the way we want them to.  Best of all, we saved a ton of $$.  Now just to elaborate, the friends and family who we asked to take photos were the ones who can't put their high dimentional cameras down (you know who I mean, haha).

Hope this helps!  Your going to love Dreams Punta Cana, the service and food was excellent!  Enjoy.

Sorry to hear about all the problems you're having sad.gif

I don't think you're overreacting, it's SOO frustrating to not be able to contact the person planning your wedding.

Hang in there! I hope everything works out!!

Originally Posted by kwaller82 View Post

Rawr!! Ok ladies, I've officially had my first bridezilla moment, and feel like I have to vent, and also I think it might be helpful information. 

I know a bunch of you have seen the new photos on the Dreams website of the wedding and reception sites.  They are absolutely beautiful and with some of the things that have been changing lately with Dreams (like the change in the photographer policy) I was like perfect, that's exactly what I want, if it's on the Dreams website, maybe they offer the things in the pictures like the chairs and lanterns, different linens etc. 

So I inquired from Dreams and was basically told probably not but we'll look into it.  So in the meantime I contacted an outside wedding planner in the DR, she has everything I want and is offering it at a very reasonable price.  So I waited to hear from Dreams (1) if they could provide the things I wanted or (2) would allow me to have an outside vendor provide them.  After three weeks of no response (which has put me into a holding pattern as far as ordering the things myself b/c I would rather have them provide everything possible so I don't have to ship or travel with any more stuff than absolutely necessary thereby incurring even more costs) and with my wedding about 37 days away I finally freaked out. 

I've been calling the resort all day and they basically told me there's still no information about whether they can get the items I requested (linens, lanterns, tall vases) besides the chairs which they quoted me $20 per chair, and that they WOULD NOT allow any outside vendors for the wedding.

In the meantime I had also put a post on the Dreams facebook page to try to generate some kind of response as to whether or not I can get my hands on the things in pictures or not.  The response to my angry post by the concierge is that the pictures are to inspire the events that can be held on the resort, and that you CAN use outside vendors to achieve these results.  So I've forwarded this response to the wedding department and am waiting for a response.  I'll be sure to fill everyone in with the verdict when I get it. 

I'm just really frustrated at this point, but have my fingers crossed that there will be a good resolution to this.  Maybe I'm just overreacting, but I really want me wedding to look like something in those pictures and the fact that the resort is not helping to accommodate their brides achieve the results they have posted on their website is pushing me over the edge.

Sigh.  Ok, I'm done complaining.

I had a question on the billing as well.  Did you get a bill for the whole wedding after the ceremony or did they charge you the package price first and then the add ons later?  I'm asking because my travel agent called today and said they charged my wedding package to my trip already. It seems like it would be easier to just wait until all the add ons are figured in and then just pay one time.  Thanks for your help!

As for the video streaming, we will be purchasing a daily pass for the wi-fi and skyping the wedding.  I'll let you know how it works out.

Wow I'm surprised they did that. We wanted to pay ahead of time but were told we could not. My WC, Jennifer Castro, told me that she could not even give a balance due over the $500 deposit until we finalize all of our plans once we get there. We were not even given an option to make payments toward it. We also were told that we had to pay in cash or travelers checks. They told us that they do not accept credit cards.