Jump to content
LadyCheese

Dreams Punta Cana Brides

Recommended Posts

Hi Everyone

 

I just have a quick question about the resort photographer- I was just wondering when to book it? Will the coordinator do that months before or do we only do that after we arrive?

 

Thanks,

Erika

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone - I'm still so new to this forum, I hope I'm posting in the right place! I would like to make my own centerpieces. Has anyone else done this? How did they turn out? did you ship them 2 months before your wedding or did you bring them on the plane with you? Looking for ideas that aren't too "heavy" haha. idea.gif

 

Also - for your OOT bags (LOVE those towels btw...), did you ship them beforehand, hand them out at the resort, or hand them out before you all left?

 

Thank you all so much for your time and help - this website has been amazing so far.

 

Liss (Dreams Punta Cana bride, June 22, 2012.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I did not use the resort photographer but I would definitely book it with the WC now.  You'd rather be safe than sorry when you show up and he's not available.
 

Originally Posted by ErikaB View Post

Hi Everyone

 

I just have a quick question about the resort photographer- I was just wondering when to book it? Will the coordinator do that months before or do we only do that after we arrive?

 

Thanks,

Erika



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried telling Jennifer that I would rather have the photographer booked now and she keeps saying that that is something that is dealt with when i get there- but i would feel much better if it was done now because If i end up without a photographer-imma be one unhappy bride!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was worried about the same thing with the photographer (I was also nervous about not being able to see the photographer's work before getting there), so I ended up just booking an outside photographer so I know that someone will be there, exactly what the price will be, and what I can expect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see pictures of a reception set-up on the Himitsu Terrace if possible!  This whole not being able to see what I'm getting prior to the wedding is really starting to freak me out.  It's turned me into a total internet stalker trolling websites hoping for glimpses of people's receptions :)  But if anyone has pictures of their reception that they'd be willing to share I'd really appreciate it.  Especially if anyone has pictures of floral centerpieces they got.  Thanks ladies!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I emailed Sharon back in June 2010 and she sent me this website link to view the onsite photographers work: http://www.tropicalpictures.com.do/. I'm not sure if it is the same company still used but you can take a look and ask your WC.
 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwaller82 View Post

I was worried about the same thing with the photographer (I was also nervous about not being able to see the photographer's work before getting there), so I ended up just booking an outside photographer so I know that someone will be there, exactly what the price will be, and what I can expect.


Try clicking on the search this thread button near the bottom of the page and typing in Himitsu terrace, I remember there being a few pictures of reception sites posted here. Also if you go to the "Dreams Punta Cana Brides!" or the "Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa" facebook pages there are a bunch of pictures from wedding there. Several are of the Himitsu terrace.

    

     Quote:

Originally Posted by kwaller82 View Post

I would love to see pictures of a reception set-up on the Himitsu Terrace if possible!  This whole not being able to see what I'm getting prior to the wedding is really starting to freak me out.  It's turned me into a total internet stalker trolling websites hoping for glimpses of people's receptions :)  But if anyone has pictures of their reception that they'd be willing to share I'd really appreciate it.  Especially if anyone has pictures of floral centerpieces they got.  Thanks ladies!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone :) I have been following this thread for awhile now, gathering as much info. as possible for my friend/client who just got married at Dreams a couple of days ago. I went along with my husband to capture their big day and made sure to take pictures of anything and everything I could in order to help out everyone here with their planning. If you'd like to see pictures (as I find the time to get them posted), you can add me as a friend on facebook under Stacy Hayward (Stacy Baiton). Just please put in the message somewhere that you're from this board and I will add you :) Debbie, the bride, is a part of this forum as well and I think she plans to give her review too. I can tell you that Dreams is AMAZING and it's the perfect backdrop for beautiful wedding photos!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


That is sooo nice of you! Thanks so much, I will totally friend you to see the pictures. I went to visit the resort last year prior to finalizing the wedding plans and when I got home, i had wished that I had taken more pictures of the terrace and stuff. Just to be able to better visualize it. Thanks again for sharing, this will totally help me out more! Especially if youahve some of the cetnerpieces. I have not seen any pictures of ones that brides have used from the resort, most of the brides here have been creative and put theirs together themselves, unfortunatley I'm not a great DIY person!  =(
 

Originally Posted by haybag22 View Post

Hi everyone :) I have been following this thread for awhile now, gathering as much info. as possible for my friend/client who just got married at Dreams a couple of days ago. I went along with my husband to capture their big day and made sure to take pictures of anything and everything I could in order to help out everyone here with their planning. If you'd like to see pictures (as I find the time to get them posted), you can add me as a friend on facebook under Stacy Hayward (Stacy Baiton). Just please put in the message somewhere that you're from this board and I will add you :) Debbie, the bride, is a part of this forum as well and I think she plans to give her review too. I can tell you that Dreams is AMAZING and it's the perfect backdrop for beautiful wedding photos!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My bride also brought her own, sorry I can't help out with that!
 

Originally Posted by ska2m View Post


That is sooo nice of you! Thanks so much, I will totally friend you to see the pictures. I went to visit the resort last year prior to finalizing the wedding plans and when I got home, i had wished that I had taken more pictures of the terrace and stuff. Just to be able to better visualize it. Thanks again for sharing, this will totally help me out more! Especially if youahve some of the cetnerpieces. I have not seen any pictures of ones that brides have used from the resort, most of the brides here have been creative and put theirs together themselves, unfortunatley I'm not a great DIY person!  =(
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by haybag22 View Post

Hi everyone :) I have been following this thread for awhile now, gathering as much info. as possible for my friend/client who just got married at Dreams a couple of days ago. I went along with my husband to capture their big day and made sure to take pictures of anything and everything I could in order to help out everyone here with their planning. If you'd like to see pictures (as I find the time to get them posted), you can add me as a friend on facebook under Stacy Hayward (Stacy Baiton). Just please put in the message somewhere that you're from this board and I will add you :) Debbie, the bride, is a part of this forum as well and I think she plans to give her review too. I can tell you that Dreams is AMAZING and it's the perfect backdrop for beautiful wedding photos!!



 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
    • Flower girl dresses tend to follow the latest trends in bridal party and thanks for sharing Great website that provide  good collection & services with affordable price .
  • Topics

×