Jump to content
LadyCheese

Dreams Punta Cana Brides

Recommended Posts

 

 

Originally Posted by SomersSK View Post

 

Hi Everyone,

 

I'm getting married on January 12, 2011, and can't wait!

 

I have a few questions and I wonder if anyone can help...for those of you who have already been married there.

 

We have specific music that we have picked out for our beach wedding.  So prelude/processional and recessional, as well as music to play well the guests are seated....after the recessional.  We will have this all on our ipod.  Do they have speakers on the beach to do this?  If so, who plays the songs on the ipod for you??

 

After the ceremony, do they hand out champagne immediately for all the guests?

 

Also, for the reception, we have the himitsu terrace booked (we wanted the bordeax but had too many ppl sad.gif ).  We plan on having all the music preset up on our ipod, and would like to have a dance after the dinner.  Is there a dance floor on the terrace?  Also, do you have to rent the speakers at an extra charge?  Is there a microphone available for the m.c?smile41.gif

 

Any help you ladies can provide would be great!!!

 

On the beach, they bring the speakers out and the wedding coordinator will play and stop the music as you direct her to in the meeting a few days before your big day.

 

Yes, after the ceremony, the hand out the champagne ASAP.

 

There is no "dance floor" but there is tons of space for your guests to dance on the himitsu terrace. I think you do have to rent the speakers for $110 or something like that. There is a mic and the WC will pause the music for whoever wants to speak.

 

Hope that helps.

 

 

I just got back from my wedding last Monday. It was beautiful. And I agree with Nat... if possible book the bordeaux terrace, it's gorgeous and a little more private than himitsu, but they are all nice. El patio terrace is really small, and the people inside the restaurant can look out the window and see your reception. Any other questions, maybe I can help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by JackieandTim View Post

 

Carol, I feel your pain girl! I've got 19 days to go!!

 

 

I am at 24 days...and 9 more days of work.  Short of dying, I don't feel that I am going to make it.  Most of my plans are all in place.  My job has been crazy busy lately and in addition to the wedding, I am so excited for a vacation!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by SomersSK View Post

 

Hi Everyone,

 

I'm getting married on January 12, 2011, and can't wait!

 

I have a few questions and I wonder if anyone can help...for those of you who have already been married there.

 

We have specific music that we have picked out for our beach wedding.  So prelude/processional and recessional, as well as music to play well the guests are seated....after the recessional.  We will have this all on our ipod.  Do they have speakers on the beach to do this?  If so, who plays the songs on the ipod for you??

 

After the ceremony, do they hand out champagne immediately for all the guests?

 

Also, for the reception, we have the himitsu terrace booked (we wanted the bordeax but had too many ppl sad.gif ).  We plan on having all the music preset up on our ipod, and would like to have a dance after the dinner.  Is there a dance floor on the terrace?  Also, do you have to rent the speakers at an extra charge?  Is there a microphone available for the m.c?smile41.gif

 

Any help you ladies can provide would be great!!!

 

Agree with Ash on all of that!  Actually, my husband and I barely got a chance to have our champagne since we were on a tight schedule for pictures and to get to the bus for our reception on the boat.  We also had the caribbean trio, which was a HIT!  They were awesome.  I saw many brides who used iPods though and it was also gorgeous!  The speakers are on the beach, and you use the mic to speak into for your vows, which was nice!  The speakers were free on the beach, but like Ash said I'm pretty sure they are about $110 to rent for the reception.

 

As well, I couldn't agree more about El Patio.  My reaction was "THAT'S where a reception woudl be?" It would be fine for just a dinner, even though like Ash said everyone could watch you if they really wanted to (lol) but for dancing, it doesn't seem like it would work there at all!

 

 

 

Originally Posted by lilboltz10 View Post

 

Hey everyone!  I have a quick question for the ladies who have already been married at DPC.  We want to have a cocktail get together at one of the bars the night before the wedding.  What bars are ideal for this type of thing?  We will have 65 people there.  Thanks!

 

Hmm... you mean you want to just get together for drinks, or have an actual cocktail served?  I'm not sure what the cost would be for a cocktail hour type thing, maybe someone else can help with that!  But if you are looking to get together for drinks, there is a bar adjacent to the gazebo (I think its called the Veranda) in the San Domingo Plaza that would be great, lots of room and little tables.  65 people would be a lot for the bordeaux terrace, but it probably COULD be done!

 

 

 

Originally Posted by beachbum2010 View Post

 

 

 

 

 

I am at 24 days...and 9 more days of work.  Short of dying, I don't feel that I am going to make it.  Most of my plans are all in place.  My job has been crazy busy lately and in addition to the wedding, I am so excited for a vacation!!!!

 

I wish I was going back, I was going crazy at 24 days and positively FREAKING OUT once I was done work (which was actually only the Friday before we left... which was on a Monday).  You will have a great time, don't worry about what you will forget or remember to bring, it will be great no matter what!

 

 

Another suggestion that I have for brides who might do the sand ceremony.  B and I did yours in front of our guests, and then it got wrecked in the travel process (even though we carried it on).  What I recommend you do is doing the ceremony in front of your guests, and taking a little bit of beach sand home with you in a bottle in your suitcase, and re-doing it at home.  None of our guests were ever the wiser! wink.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by nsbride2010 View Post

Hmm... you mean you want to just get together for drinks, or have an actual cocktail served?  I'm not sure what the cost would be for a cocktail hour type thing, maybe someone else can help with that!  But if you are looking to get together for drinks, there is a bar adjacent to the gazebo (I think its called the Veranda) in the San Domingo Plaza that would be great, lots of room and little tables.  65 people would be a lot for the bordeaux terrace, but it probably COULD be done!

 

 

 

Nat - It is just a get together for drinks since everyone arrives on different dates.  Everyone will be there on Thursday so we thought we'd have an open cocktail hour type thing (not set up by Dreams).  So Veranda is a good location for us?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by lilboltz10 View Post

 

 

 

 

 

Nat - It is just a get together for drinks since everyone arrives on different dates.  Everyone will be there on Thursday so we thought we'd have an open cocktail hour type thing (not set up by Dreams).  So Veranda is a good location for us?   

 

 

I am getting married at DPC in a few weeks.  We are having a bon fire the night before the wedding with a basic bar on the beach - beer, rum and mix.  I got a quoted rated for this - I don't have it in front of me, but we have 43 people and for the bar it is about $300 an hour - roughly.  The WC originally sent me a huge list of different options just for a bar - the selection is fairly big and bigger than what we wanted.  If you are interested in setting up a cocktail hour or event like you are describing, you can ask the WC for a bar menu - I think there are 3 packages for just a bar.  Hope this helps a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello ladies who have been already married at the wonderful Dreams Punta Cana.

 

Im stressing about my hair and the style etc, Ive heard good things about the ladies that do the hairstyles at Dreams but does anyone know names?

 

Can you recommend who is the most experienced with bridal hair so that I know who to book with?

 

thanks so much

Getting Married in Dreams Punta Cana May 25, 2011

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some girl just posted on the FB page the other day this "If anyone is going to have their hair, make up done at the resort, Ywaleska is the lady to ask for she is amazing, she did the hair and make up for my wedding party and she made sure all the other girls did a good job too, she told them to stop and redo the bits that were'nt perfect, she is definaltley the lady to ask for xxx"

 

Originally Posted by alykay View Post

Hello ladies who have been already married at the wonderful Dreams Punta Cana.

 

Im stressing about my hair and the style etc, Ive heard good things about the ladies that do the hairstyles at Dreams but does anyone know names?

 

Can you recommend who is the most experienced with bridal hair so that I know who to book with?

 

thanks so much

Getting Married in Dreams Punta Cana May 25, 2011

 

 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
    • Hello Jania! are you bringing any external vendor for your wedding?
    • Looking forward to seeing your cruise wedding photos!!!
  • Topics

×