LadyCheese

Dreams Punta Cana Brides

Don't they have sand ceromny available there? Or am I misguided? lol.

I've been having tons of dreams just about being in the DR but I have had a couple nightmares!

-we went through the WHOLE wedding w/out the photographer! And afterwards I was running around like a MADWOMAN trying to find out where he is. lol.

SO just an update on my Deyanira email dillemma, its been 2 months, multiple emails & no response. what would u girls do? the only thing reassuring to me is that she charged by card for the deposit in the middle of all this no responding. I guess I'll send her ANOTHER email asking about the legal ceremony stuff but I feel like its a waste of time!

Cruz- How are you having to civil ceremonies? is that possible? lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogswellgray View Post

I've been having tons of dreams just about being in the DR but I have had a couple nightmares!
-we went through the WHOLE wedding w/out the photographer! And afterwards I was running around like a MADWOMAN trying to find out where he is. lol.

SO just an update on my Deyanira email dillemma, its been 2 months, multiple emails & no response. what would u girls do? the only thing reassuring to me is that she charged by card for the deposit in the middle of all this no responding. I guess I'll send her ANOTHER email asking about the legal ceremony stuff but I feel like its a waste of time!

Cruz- How are you having to civil ceremonies? is that possible? lol.

Hey Jennifer!!

I would call like Eliana suggests or send one more email with the subject line stating confused or concerned. See if that helps! Good luck!

As for the two ceremonies, it turns out you can get married to the same person as many times as you want. As long as it's the same person! lol I was going to do the ceremony here and then a renewal of vows at the DPC but I felt that those who are actually going to Punta Cana would be cheated. So, I did a little research and found what I stated above!

~Lynette

Hi Girls! This whole ceremony thing has been stressing me out. First of all, for the legal (civil) ceremony, it is done is Spanish, right? I don't know how I feel about that. I feel like there would be no connection to the ceremony & it would lack it's romance. I've also heard it's kind of expensive to have the documents translated. Does anyone know? It sounds like the only perk to this ceremony is that it's legal.

I did contact pastor York about a religious ceremony but I'm not sure how I feel about paying another $350 for his services on top of everything else (when it's not even considered legal!)

Do you know if you can you have your own person perform the ceremony?

What is everyone else doing!? I'm stuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danathebride View Post
So I really want to do a sand ceremony, especially because I want to incorporate our son into the wedding, and this would be a great way to do so. However, I CANNOT figure out how I'm going to do this, AND get the vase with the sand home without it spilling or all of the colors mixing up.

Anyone else doing this? What is your plan?
we bought Gorilla Glue epoxy... those things with the two tubes that create almost a cement when you squirt them out together. we're using that to seal off the top of our sand ceremony bottle after the ceremony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogswellgray View Post

they have a sand ceremony available, but it's just the wording. not all of the stuff that goes with it (the sand, frame or bottles, etc).

i also recommend calling or even emailing any of the other WCs. has deyanira been officially assigned as your WC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliecat023 View Post

Do you know if you can you have your own person perform the ceremony?
we are using pastor york to avoid the "impersonal" feel you talked about. his ceremonies are beautiful. you can have your own person do it though. if you just do a symbolic ceremony you could essentially have any one of your guests get up there!

a word of advice: if you're bringing stuff with you and currently ordering tons of things (whether it be for the wedding, clothes, etc.) keep all of the packing materials. i've accumulated tons of bubble wrap and those air pocket things over the past few months and they make me feel TONS better about bringing down my vases and sand ceremony bottles!

here's a link to see what the epoxy looks like. you don't have to get it from a home depot-type place.. i think i got mine at the grocery store in the "hardware" section!

GORILLA EPOXY 25 Ml 5 Minute Set All Purpose Epoxy - 42001 at The Home Depot