Dreams Punta Cana Brides

i need happy thoughts girls!! i just found out from flori (the WC for la barcaza) that someone else had emailed her previously about having the boat on april 28th. apparently it wasn't recent because it seems like she realized she had that request and felt horrible having to tell me that. so right now i am waiting to hear back from her... she emailed them and asked when they needed the boat and if she doesn't hear back from them by tomorrow the date is mine. i am SO nervous... i had revised my mental image of the reception now to la barcaza and i don't want to have to rethink everything again! darn wedding planning... :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebredhawk View Post
i need happy thoughts girls!! i just found out from flori (the WC for la barcaza) that someone else had emailed her previously about having the boat on april 28th. apparently it wasn't recent because it seems like she realized she had that request and felt horrible having to tell me that. so right now i am waiting to hear back from her... she emailed them and asked when they needed the boat and if she doesn't hear back from them by tomorrow the date is mine. i am SO nervous... i had revised my mental image of the reception now to la barcaza and i don't want to have to rethink everything again! darn wedding planning... :)
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that everything works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebredhawk View Post
keeping my fingers crossed for ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taratoons View Post
PS - Regarding prices, I agree, they tend to go down over time. I was super stressed that the plane or the resort was going to sell out before we got booked, but we waited it out and eventually things worked out. We got the resort for $1299/person.
I think we paid $1463 tax in... but remember price is depicted on the time of the year you go.. it will be cheaper to go in the summer than winter.... wink.gif

Hello ladies! Sorry its been awhile work has been crazy. But I was wondering if anyone had ideas about the reception dinner at one of the restaurants. I wont be having many people at my wedding so a private reception is not necessary. Which restaurant would be best for the reception dinner? I have no idea and I cant find any pictures anywhere that shows me what they look like. Any help?

I think I have some pictures somewhere... let me check! If anyone else has some they can feel free to send them too!

Do you have any children in your group? If not, I would suggest the Bordeaux since I have heard nothing but good things about their food (even from the people who didn't like Dreams)!

Hi Ladies, I finally got my answers from Deyanira and here are my questions and answers below.

I have reviewed the new wedding guide on the DREAMS website and I have a couple questions.

1.If I choose the free wedding package and add the Gold wedding dinner menu, or the wedding buffet dinner does the $15 set-up fee apply ?

The US$15.00 set up fee will not apply if the dinner takes place in El Patio, Himitsu or Bourdeaux terrace. If on the beach or Santo Domingo Plaza, the set up fee will apply.

2.Has DREAMS updated there other 2010 buffet menu options yet? I have the Dominican and Caribbean theme buffet options for 2010, but I would like to see the other buffet options that were offered for 2009.

So far we do not have other buffet options but we will. I will keep you posted.

3.I also want to confirm that dancing and music is still allowed on the terraces during my wedding reception. I hope so because I picked DREAMS PC specifically to have a reception on the terrace.

Yes, you can have music in the terraces but not in the restaurants.

4.Do we now have to rent a sound system for the ceremony?

No, it is included for the ceremony.

5. If I chose the ultimate wedding package for 20 people, Does the additional $40 per person for the gold dinner include cake and champagne or is that separate ?

Correct. The cost per extra person for the gold dinner is US$40.00 and $11.00USD (tax & service included) for the Hors D´Oeuvres

6.Does the resort offer Calla Lillie flowers like the picture attached? if not is there a local florist ?

We can offer calla lilies, but I personally do not recommend calla lilies since they are very fragile and with the heat they wither be quick.

7.Do you have any pictures of the inside of the Santo Domingo Ballroom ?

Attached. Note that the chairs shown in the banquet room are not the one we use and the decoration (centerpieces with high vases, table cloth and bows) are not included.

8.What does the fire show and the circus show consist of?

The fire show is a 15 minutes show where the performers will dance while throwing fire.

Check the circus web page please, The Circus of Dreams

Haven't been on here in awhile but wanted to touch base! Deaprting in 30 days for Dreams! It's been a blast planning everything and Sharron the WC I've been working with has been amazing! Just booked all the hair and make-up appointments for the wedding day! So excited!

Hope you are all having a great time plannig there as well! Take care!

I have heard very good things about the Bordeaux Terrance as well and from the pictures I've seen it's really beautiful over looking the water ;o) That is where we decided to hold our cocktail party / welcome party!

Toya - is it me or is the response to Qu 5 not clearhuh.gif

Is the cake & champagne included in the per person dinner price??

Thanks for sharing!!

Beach girl - so exciting that your date is fast approaching!! My WC (Carolina) won't let me make Spa appointments...grumble grumble