Dreams Punta Cana Brides

Quote:
Originally Posted by taratoons View Post
Regarding the menu prices, I think this has been asked before, but I can't find it this early in the morning: Does "pick one" mean you pick one meal for everyone to eat? I'm assuming this is the case, but what about allergies, will they do substitutions for those people? I know I'm going to want shrimp as part of some course of the dinner, but I have one guest with shellfish allergies... Will they give an alterative to her, does anyone know?
Hi Tara,

I asked about this and Deyanira said that they will substitute meals for people with allergies/food restrictions and will do it for free as long as that is the reason. Otherwise, it is "pick one" for all guests.

btw..hi! I've been silent on this thread for awhile now. Would you believe I STILL haven't booked my date?? Talk about procrastination (well actually I have been mad working out preparing for a fitness comp...came 2nd :) and I have another this weekend coming so one more week of mad-dash training).

Love the activity...had to spend the last 30 minutes catching up! I'll keep peeking incase there are any questions I can answer. Oh and thanks for the 2010 prices LaToya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam View Post
Thanks Nat, I will look at that right now... they have a master list too don't they of all the things that need to be done or details to think about etc?? Did that make sense?
Yeah Tam their site is kick a**! The checklist is more geared towards an at home wedding, but it still gives you EVERYTHING, even if you don't need it! The website builder is pretty user friendly too!

Hi girls! Can I also be added to the cake and bouquet list? My email address is abrowab@yahoo.com. I just hired Dj Mannia for our wedding. They are a little expensive, but I have read great reviews about them! I was a little nervous about using an iPod, knowing my luck, something would go wrong. Has anyone heard of hiring a cigar roller for the reception? I thought that might be a nice touch!

Thanks!!!

Amy :)

amy, i know they can do a cigar roller, but i'm not sure how much it is. the last time i looked i saw that most cigar rollers charge by the number of cigars. it looks like some people have had a great experience, and others didn't get as much as they wanted out of it. definitely worth asking a WC though if it's something you're interested in!

Yikes I'm so behind in all this news!! A massive thank you to you all for posting such useful information!!

I'm so excited that the 2010 prices are FINALLY out!!

Although i'm a bit miffed that the WC at dreams NEVER responds to my e-mails!! Grrr

OK...i'm off to finalize my budget!! :o)

anbrkl2010 - I'd heard the cigar roller was $250 (09 prices) but wasn't sure what exactly that covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam View Post
Nat, I couldn't find the website building part but I only looked briefly last night as I am now a member...do you know where it is?
On my homepage it shows up on the left hand side, in the tool bar under the heading of "planning tools"... I believe thats where it should be when you are just starting out too (since that would only make sense!) :)

Take a look at mine if you would like to get some ideas:

Welcome/ Bienvenue! - The Knot: Wedding Web Page Builder