Dreams Punta Cana Brides

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccergurl3 View Post
Hi Ladies as most of you may know the whole swine flu outbreak in mexico has cancelled our wedding and now i want to get married at the Dreams Punta Cana. Can you ladies give me the email contact of your WC to see if I can get married here? I know on the site it says to book 125 days in advance but i only have 75, please someone help me out I don't want to scrap my wedding entirely. If any of you have any wedding information that the coordinators have sent you can you email it to me bcarothers@drexan.com Thanks so much for all your help ladies this forum has truly been a lifesaver!
in the swine flu thread someone posted that moon palace is offering to move anyone to the palace resort in punta cana with no change fee: Swine Flu in Mexico and the U.S.

i think your wedding is far enough away that you shouldn't panic and cancel, however i do understand that things are very unsure right now especially with flights canceled thru june and you might just need to have something concrete to bank on or you'll go insane. i have a feeling if this doesn't all resolve soon, there are going to be a lot more brides in this thread all of a sudden, as the AMresorts (dreams/secrets) in mexico are all offering to move trips to their punta cana counterparts!

anyway you can try this: weddings@dreamspuntacana.com.do

I too have been severely affected by this Swine Flu...our wedding was scheduled, booked, EVERYTHING for June 11, 2009 at the Dreams Resort in Cabo. Last night we found out all flights to Mexico from Canada are banned untill atleast June 20, probably untill the fall ...Now I'm in a mad rush to re book our wedding as well as our 25 guests. I am crossing my fingers, praying and hoping that the Dreams Punta Cana can accomodate us and our guests, and that there are flights! What a NIGHTMARE! sad.gif

The only problem with the Moon Palace in Punta Cana is on tripadvisor they are getting horrible reviews, half of the reosrt isn't built yet and they don't even have a wedding department! That would be widespread chaos for me!! I really don't need to be streesed anymore that i already am and I absolutely love the dreams resort! I thought Dreams were all adult resorts but then i found it it wasn't and i was sold!!!

soccergurl, i'm not sure if anyone has sent you the Dreams PC WC's email address yet, but i'm sending it to you now!

i hope everyone is able to get all of their plans figured out... my heart goes out to all of you and i will say my prayers that all of your plans still go off without a hitch!

I am in a really big nightmare right now. Our wedding is July 16th at Moon Palace in Cancun and they have already banned travel until June 12th. All the guests have called me and said that they are not going regardless of if the ban is on of lifted. So I talked to my travel agent and they won't give us a damage deposit back or change or trip until the ban is extended to or date which really pisses me off. I am NOT going to bring my 2 year old son that has an immune deficiency disorder to go to Mexico. So here is my problem I have heard that so many Dreams brides from Mexico have the oppurtunity to change their dates to Dreams in the Dominican so if I don't get this scheduled before the ban hits then I will not be able to get married here. My TA said she can transfer us to the Moon Palace in the Dominican but HELLO they don't even have a wedding department yet and they are getting horrible reviews on trip advisor because have of their ammenities aren't even finished being built yet. And all my guests don't want to lose their damage deposits to book here now and pay more later....I AM SO FRUSTRATED!!!

I was also wondering about the wedding packages. It says that for the package you get a Special Gold Wedding Dinner Party and a Special Gold Cocktail party. Do any of you know if that means they give you a private reception?Or a private dinner? Also what is different from the Gold to the Silver...someone please help me out with this as I have to book with this resort soon and I now only have 2 months to plan this dream wedding! But to tell you the truth it looks like this resort is Way better then the one I was initially supposed to go to....so maybe things really do happen for a reason! :)

Soccergurl,

dreams has a forum that you might want to join and check out, you'll be able to find so much stuff about Dreams PC and get questions answered really quickly, there is a woman Baltobabe, who is the best and has a lot of connections with all the dreams and is great at getting stuff figured out and straightned out!

As for the dinner and cocktail, if it is in the package you are looking at you'll get that for 20 guests who are staying at the resort, above and beyond 20 you pay per person and the cost depends on what package you go with.

Dreams PC has basically 4 spots to have your cocktail/reception at...the beach, bordeaux, himitsu and an inside room.

Dreams Resorts & Spas: Unlimited Luxury you'll see on the left handside something for dreams experiences, click on that and you'll see the forum....3-4 ladies are just getting back from being married there on that forum, so I am sure they'll hae full reviews up soon1

Dreams Punta Cana Resorts & Spas: Wedding Extras

that has the lists of the extras... i think a lot of brides end up doing the free package and just adding the little things that they are interested in.

you can have your reception at the places that happygirlmore mentioned before as well as the outdoor area of the el patio restaurant. i think each one of the areas has their perks and if you search on that dreams forum you should be able to find pictures and reviews of each of them!