Dreams Punta Cana Brides

Originally Posted by Dacia View Post

We just got back from Dreams Punta Cana yesterday and had an AMAZING time!!!  We had lots of concerns just like everyone else, but everything was perfect!  I will do my best to write up a full review on the resort and Caribbean Emotions this weekend.  We used Caribbean Emotions for our photography and videography and we couldn't be happier!  Originally we were just going to do the photography but decided to get the video and I am so glad we did!  Michael & Pascal are very professional and extremely easy to work with.  If you are planning on getting married in Punta Cana, please check out Caribbean Emotions.  You will not be sorry!!

I'm so happy for you..I'm super excited to see pics and reviews...I was worried about the food..and did you get a seperate room the night before for you and your husband? Did they have someone to help you with the dress? What about the make up and hair?

Sorry for the questions...

We just got back from Dreams Punta Cana yesterday and had an AMAZING time!!!  We had lots of concerns just like everyone else, but everything was perfect!  I will do my best to write up a full review on the resort and Caribbean Emotions this weekend.  We used Caribbean Emotions for our photography and videography and we couldn't be happier!  Originally we were just going to do the photography but decided to get the video and I am so glad we did!  Michael & Pascal are very professional and extremely easy to work with.  If you are planning on getting married in Punta Cana, please check out Caribbean Emotions.  You will not be sorry!!

I have them booked for my day and a trash the dress session!  Im so glad to hear that! smile159.gif Ive been a YouTube whore and watching all their wedding videos! lol Im glad everything went well Cant wait to hear about it!  = ) any Dos or Donts you can give me would be great!

Originally Posted by Worried Bride View Post

happy wedding Day Tcruz21! make sure you share plenty of pics when you come back.

I will! Promise girls! Im like the paparazzi with pics!  Im pretty sure Ill become that crazy aunt that wears the HUGE camera around her neck everywhere she goes.  "Have to capture the memories children!"  lol my Fiance hates it.  He will thank you one day tho! msnwink.gif

Teresa!!! Ajkdfjaklsjfklsjakl!!!!!! OMGGG sooooo excited for you!!  ---> woot.gif cannot wait to see pics!!! :) :) :) woohooooo!!!!!!!!!!

btw thank you darling :) :) that helps me!!!!

Originally Posted by Tcruz21 View Post

15 more days till Wedding Day...7 before I leave! woot.gif

1) I send my formal Invites out 2 months before hand.  I pretty much knew who was coming.  So I didnt need an RSVP response back. 

2) I didnt have an RSVP date.  Well I did...Our travel agent had our group on a promo code for a discount.  That ended Aug. 31.  My wedding is Oct 11.  That gave our guest time to book and make payments if they needed too.  But all payments had to be made by Aug 31th.  We only had 3 couples book on their own and not with our TA.  Which worked out great for us.  Since we had more the 15 rooms booked we received a good amount of money back for them.  = )

I hope that helps! Happy Planning!  If you have FB there is a Dreams Punta Cana Bride Group you can join and ask question as well!

OOOH!! Welcome back Dacia & Congratulations!!!! cannot wait to see pics & your review :) :)

Originally Posted by yazzy View Post

@ TCruz, very exciting. I'm also counting down. I get married the day after you. Good luck! I'm sure it will be beautiful.

smile159.gifSee ya down there! When are you leaving?  We leave from Chicago Weds. 

Feel free to stop by the wedding!  6 pm on the beach!  Ill be wearing White! :)

Originally Posted by msvasq View Post

Teresa!!! Ajkdfjaklsjfklsjakl!!!!!! OMGGG sooooo excited for you!!  ---> woot.gif cannot wait to see pics!!! :) :) :) woohooooo!!!!!!!!!!

btw thank you darling :) :) that helps me!!!!

Thanks! :)  Thats how I feel!  Im ready for beach and drinks please!  Im off the week we get back so Ill be posting and answering as many questions as I can :)

Originally Posted by msvasq View Post

I am going through the Formal invitation / RSVP great debate!  I need my Sister Brides to help me!!!! :)   My wedding is set for June 28th. I sent out my Save the Date in July. 

My questions are:

1) When did you send out your formal invitation (how far in advanced from your wedding)

2) How far before the wedding did you set your RSVP date?

As a side note, I am working with a travel agent & my guests have the option to put a deposit down of $150 per adult that goes towards their room rate & they have the option to pay if off by April instead of all upfront.

For those of you that have already passed this process --

1) Did you find issues with room availability at the resort and/or airfare prices being too high? If the RSVP date was too close to the wedding?

2) Did you have enough time to order i.e. favors etc if you had your RSVP date close to your wedding date?

I guess my major concern is as a bride, I feel like I need to know really early but don't want to deter guests if I'm asking so far in advanced for a commitment.

Hey MsVasq, 

I'm getting married the week before you June 21st! :o)  I am actually doing things a little less traditional....I'm going to send my formal invites out in January and I'm going to ask for my RSVPs back 3 months before (March).  I am NOT going with a TA, so people are going to have to do a little research on their own. I figure I would give them 3 months to decide if they are really serious about going or not, time to do their research to see if they can afford it, and actually book a room. 3 months also gives me enough time to finalize my Out of Town bags, favors, programs, food/reception costs (how many tables/chairs/decorations, etc I'll need) without having to go crazy or pay extra money in rush shipping. I am also working on putting together our wedding website where guests can visit and get information at ANYTIME, especially before invites go out. I'm going to try and be really detailed on our website and include links for transportation services to and from hotel, etc.  Hope this helps a little. Just thought I'd give you a different option and way to look at the planning portion. 

Maybe we'll meet up for a drink or something at the resort before your big day! :o)