Dreams Punta Cana Brides

Liss,

Looks like we will be there at the same time. I am getting married on the 18th. I unfortunately don't have any answers to give since I have not gotten married yet. I do know that the symbolic ceremony is performed by the wedding coordinator in English. Seems like you have a lot more planned than I do. Did you want to go ahead and get times for everything? Carolina (WC) said we would figure times out when I get there and I guess I am cool with that. Not really stressing it. I am getting married at 4 and have a cocktail hour and reception planned after that. In terms of oot bags, not sure if I will have them delivered or just hand them out myself since I won't have that many people coming. 

Hey everyone!! What are you planning on doing in terms of cash or what have you done? I have read several reviews on trip advisor about theft and am a little worried since I will have a large sum of cash with me. Any tips or tricks? Those of you who have been there did you just go to the ATM or did you bring a lot of money with you? 

Oh! Good! I was hoping to "meet" someone who would be there when I was. I've been so concerned about all the theft I've been reading about too and had the same questions as you regarding cash, etc.

Anyone have any advice for us?

Janine - I do have times for everything but only because I was persistant to a fault...wedding is at the gazebo at 6, cocktails at 7 and reception on the portofino at 8. Then I'm assuming we are going to the disco or whatever it is afterward because I know that receptions can't go any later than 11.

Hi Elissa - here are some answers that I hope will help you out:

-we booked the ultimate package. It comes with the Gold dinner and silver bar. However we are almost at 60 people booked and may be forced to get a buffet - not too crazy about that idea but whatever. Now...will they deduct the amount of the gold dinner from the ultimate package if I'm now paying for a buffet? Has anyone else run into this??? We almost decided to have the buffet even though we were only 34 but changed our minds closer to the date. I will say that for 60 people a buffet may be your best option in order to accommodate allergies, and food preferences however it can certainly add up price-wise. The buffet menu looks really good though! My coordinator Gara had confirmed that there would be a difference in the charges for up to 20 people with the ultimate wedding package if you have the buffet so that will help. 

-my ceremony is at 6, cocktail hour is from 7-8 and reception (portofino 8-9). I'm trying to schedule pictures -  did anyone just end up missing cocktail hour because of pics? I hate to do that but I don't think I will have a choice unless I want to see my fiancé before the ceremony (which wouldn't be completely awful but still) If you have the ultimate wedding package keep in mind that you will have the terrace for three full hours, which means you could have your ceremony at 6, cocktails from 7-8 and the terrace from 8-11 (but it may only go until 10- but ask your coordinator. We had the terrace for a 3 hour dinner.) My fiancé and I did our pictures after the ceremony with our bridal party. We did not participate in the cocktail hour which is pretty normal for weddings. It's a great way to get your photos done. Keep in mind that the sun sets around 7'oclock so you'll want to do them right away. We had a 4 pm ceremony and did our pictures between 5 and 6:30 and had a 7p.m dinner. During our photos we did all of our family shots and a group photo and then shots with just the wedding party. Who did you book for your photography? In order to make sure you get all the photos you want be sure to make a list for your photographer i.e.: photo with you and so and so.... I made a list quickly and completely forgot to add obvious photos like one with my maid of honour.... needless to say, I don't have any solo shots with my bridesmaids individually. Oh well. Just something to keep in mind.... Hope the sun doesn't set on you!

-we r having a symbolic ceremony - is this performed in English? Symbolic will be performed by your coordinator in english. We wrote our own nd had my brother perform the symbolic part and then we had the coordinator and judge do the legal part. I highly recommend having someone you are close to perform the symbolic ceremony. That way it will be more personal and reflective of you and your fiancé

-for anyone who had the buffet - does that also include open bar? I think Carolina said it did come with the silver bar? Yes it comes with the silver bar menu. It also includes wine with dinner (and the wine was pretty good). If you are on the Portofino Terrace the bar is literally right there. 

-we r having a dj (mannia) and I'm having the carribean trio play at cocktail hour. Do the WCs offer options on what I walk down the aisle too? Or am I responsible for this? I think they may but you should bring your own on an iPod. I gave my iPod to our coordinator the morning of the ceremony. We had one song playing on loop while people were taking their seats, another song for when my bridesmaids and I walked down the aisle and a third song for when we exited. 

My advice, bring as much as you can if you want it to be more personal. They do a great job at taking care of everything but I would't leave the some of the finer details up to them... just my opinion.

Hope this helped!

Angela

Thank you so much for taking the time to do that, Angela.

I see what you are saying about the food allergy thing, etc. Now - I've received a document from a WC informing me that one of the options is about 45 a person. Isn't that pretty much what I would be paying for a sit down? I  mean if it ends up being the same price as it would for a sit-down then I really have no problem with the buffett. Price is the only thing (unfortunately :( ) I'm concerned with - aren't we all?

And I'm sorry I'm not really sure what you mean when you said:

"My coordinator Gara had confirmed that there would be a difference in the charges for up to 20 people with the ultimate wedding package if you have the buffet so that will help. "

I think I'm a little slow tonight. Actually, I know I am, because I wrote above that my reception was only an hour - it's actually from 8-11 - OOPS! Big typo on my part.

We actually booked HDC photography - he is SO responsive whenever I get in touch with him and I've read decent reviews on this site about them so I'm happy with my choice. I think I'll just end up doing as many family and bridesmaids shots as I can in the "getting ready" stage of the wedding and then cram as much as we can during the cocktail hour! We have him for about 5 or 6 hours. I'm not so much worried about getting shots from the reception because I know our guests will be taking their own pictures as well.

Good call on bringing my iPod. I'm going to do that, too. Just have to think of some good songs now! What did you have playing on loop?

We were going to write our own vows - but I don't think we have anyone but the WC who would be willing to do the symbolic ceremony :( Hopefully the vow part will help us make it as personal as possible. You're so lucky that your brother did that for you - it must have made it so special.

Again, THANK YOU! Hope to hear from you soon :)

Elissa

Sorry - I'm back again. Brides...does anyone know if they have calla lillies as an option for bridal bouquets? Or can anyone send me a picture of their bridal bouquet? I am getting the ultimate package and it comes with the bridal bouquet - however, I've been looking at wedideas.com (real touch/silk flowers) for my bridesmaids bouquets/bouts because it will save me a lot of money. I want them to match my bridal bouquet but I need to know first what they offer :) Any help would be great!

Hey girls !! just love reading all your comments and questions, made me realize that I have to ask my wedding coordinator a couple of things.

I was wondering for the cocktail hour, where can we have it exactly ? do we have it at the same place that you have your reception ???

Hi Andrea - from all the information I've received from the WC's the wedding and cocktail hour (unless otherwise specified i think?) are in the same spot. Hope this helps! Who is your WC? I feel like I've actually spoken with everyone there at this point!

Also received some pictures from a WC of bouquet examples and the buffett menu for 2012 plus pricing if anyone is interested - I'll email it to you!

Elissa