Dreams Punta Cana Brides

Thanks so much for all the info Subbi - my apologies - I think my mac did an autocorrect. I just realized I spelled your name wrong. 

That info was so helpful. You really were stunning. I am so relieved that the spa does such a wonderful job! That was probably my biggest fear! LOL

Hey Brides!

I did ask this question months ago, but never received a response. Does anyone know what the standard tip should be for everyone? (DJ, Photographre, Wediing Coordintor). Thanksw in advance for your help on this!

Ska2m

So we had out wedding at Dreams Sep. 27.  It was absolutely wonderful, I wouldn't have changed a thing.  We did the beach ceremony but we were both dead set on having the ceremony on the beach with no shoes on :).  Just my personal opinion the gazebo is pretty but it is right at the entrance to the resort and that was a big turn off to me when I saw it.  We had a few on lookers at the beach but we were fine with that :).  Yessica was my wedding planner and she did an excellent job.  I will say I was not crazy about the Spa.  I had my toes done the day before the wedding and had to retouch my own toes because they had missed part of my toe ($35).  I chose just to have my hair done no makeup (I did that myself) she did a good job on my hair but I felt it was kinda rushed and could have been better.  But we did have our reception at Portofino it was wonderful and you could see where we got married on the beach as well :)

Scan30.jpgPunta Cana Sept. 2011 185.JPG

You both looked beautiful! Congratulations! 

We are getting married on Nov 25th and also doing a beach ceremony and reception on Portofino!

I would love if you could provide me wit some info and any tips!

Did you provide your own music? If so, how did the sound system work?

Did you use a mic during your ceremony?

How was their flower selection?

Did you have a cake and if so, how was it?

Did you decorate for the ceremony at all? 

What's the space like on Portofino. We would like to avoid a head table and rather have a sweetheart table. What did you do? 

Any pointers or tips would be so helpful!

I would love to see some pics of the space (if that is ok with you, otherwise - no problem!!) My email is angelinaswann@gmail.com

Congrats again to you both!!!!

angieinthesun11

So here we go I will answer what I can.  And try to find some pics to so you can see what we did.

-We brought our own IPod and I made a playlist and just let it play throughout the night.  We rented the system for 150 didn't want to pay for a DJ. Speakers sounded great.

-Our wedding coordinator married us and she did use the mic for the ceremony

- They have a whole book for you to choose from for the flowers we waited till we were there to pick them out because I wanted to see all of the options they had.

-We had a two tier cake and got Vanilla it was amazing :)

-We did not decorate at all for the ceremony.  They have a huppa there with white cloth on it I absolutely loved it big improvement from the flower arch that they used to have.  Plus the huppa is included now, no more arch.  I think you can put flowers but it looked great the way it was.

-We did one long table for the reception turned out great there were 13 of us and plenty of dance space.  And we brought our own decorations Yessica did a wonderful job I told her here is what I have and she put everything out for me.  I even painted some shells purple and orange all the guest took them home with them :)

Hope this helps and congrats on the upcoming wedding I know it will be great :). If I can help with anything else let me know :) 

table and in the right corner was our cocktail food, left side is where the cake was.  Also the center piece is what was used at our ceremony.

Punta Cana Sept. 2011 186.JPG

the cake very simple but tasted delicious

Punta Cana Sept. 2011 210.JPG

dancing area

Punta Cana Sept. 2011 221.JPG

Originally Posted by angieinthesun11 View Post

You both looked beautiful! Congratulations! 

We are getting married on Nov 25th and also doing a beach ceremony and reception on Portofino!

I would love if you could provide me wit some info and any tips!

Did you provide your own music? If so, how did the sound system work?

Did you use a mic during your ceremony?

How was their flower selection?

Did you have a cake and if so, how was it?

Did you decorate for the ceremony at all? 

What's the space like on Portofino. We would like to avoid a head table and rather have a sweetheart table. What did you do? 

Any pointers or tips would be so helpful!

I would love to see some pics of the space (if that is ok with you, otherwise - no problem!!) My email is angelinaswann@gmail.com

Congrats again to you both!!!!

ska2m - Sorry I saw your question but I didn't have an answer for it.  My mom handled that part so I have no idea what she did, sorry.  I know they did tip the waiters they were excellent at the reception, drinks were always full and they even came out and danced with us.  I think past brides have talked about it on this site maybe 15 to 25?  But I am not sure.

Originally Posted by ska2m View Post

Hi Subbi or Mel,

Did you guys tip your WC at the resort? If so, how much did you tip?

Thanks!

Thanks so much for all the info Mel - your pics are great and this has really helped!

We are doing the legal ceremony and trying to get my brother to officiate a symbolic part of the ceremony and have the judge finish off with the legal part. This has actually proven to be a bit tricky in communication with our coordinator but I think once we get down there we will be able to figure it out. 

Hope you had an amazing time!!!

Subbi you are stunning! Fabulous pic and congratualtions!!

Originally Posted by subbi View Post

Hey Ladies I just returned from my wedding at Dreams Punta Cana.  The wedding was absolutely beautiful, small glitches but nothing significant.

We got Married September 16th, at 4pm at the wedding Gazebo. It's was beautiful, I really couldn't ask more of Jennifer my WC. Though I there was so much lack of info before I got there she totally put my fears to rest once we arrived at Dreams. My stay at Dreams was however another issue all together. From not getting my room the night before the wedding to $100 cad missing from my room, there was definitely issues there. But I certainly didn't let that get to me I decided I wanted a memorable wedding and that's exactly what I had thanks to Jennifer 

We had our reception and cocktail at the portofino restaurant, and luck had it that the restaurant was closed that night so we had the whole place to ourselves (the patio that is, but no other hotel guest try to get into the restaurant so that worked out marvelous).

As it regards photographer, we went with HDC Photography based in DR. The Pictures are absolutely beautiful, however I thought they didn't take intimate shots of us having quiet moments but the pics we got were lovely. The Photographer was really easy to work with put us at ease from the get go. we got 570 pics on a DVD before departure, and we chose the basic package and added an extra hour to get the important moments for example first dance and cake cutting.

After our reception we heading to the disco to party the night away, let me say the disco was the place to be every night we were there. 

Please if there is anything you guys like to know feel free to message me.

Here is a pic of my husband and I at the portofino just as we entered the patio. Jennifer added all the decorations which I handed to her the morning of the wedding (might I add at no additional charge, partly because we were a group of only 17).

Untitled-1.jpg