Dreams Punta Cana Brides

Originally Posted by jump1012 View Post

She is my WC as well.... I am going on 6 weeks waiting to hear back from my latest email to her.  I recently emailed the concierge and they have been quick in responding and are getting in touch with her for me.  It is really annoying, but they have tons of wedding every day... i Have heard once u get closer to your date, they respond much quicker!

I also wanted to add that I would recommend you email your WC a few days before you go, just as a reminder that you are on your way and include the date you will arrive and request an appt to discuss your wedding plans and preferences.

Originally Posted by angieinthesun11 View Post

I'm confused! I thought that at Dreams PC there was only one wedding per day!? There was another wedding before yours??

Hey Angie,

Not sure where you may have heard that from, but Dreams has a max of 3 weddings per day. That's way they have 3 locations (and 3 ballrooms if weather doesn't cooperate).

Jenn

Who is your wc?

I'm working with Gara and she has been pretty good at responding back to me. I once got a reply on the same day!

I'm sure they are just giving priority to the upcoming weddings. I have found a lot of answers to my questions on this site and through other brides so feel free to ask :)

@GLAM, sorry to hear that Gara wasn't as organized as you would have liked, it's making me nervous! I'm probably going to ask my brothers gf to be my day-of person to give me some piece of mind.

Originally Posted by jump1012 View Post

She is my WC as well.... I am going on 6 weeks waiting to hear back from my latest email to her.  I recently emailed the concierge and they have been quick in responding and are getting in touch with her for me.  It is really annoying, but they have tons of wedding every day... i Have heard once u get closer to your date, they respond much quicker!

Have any past brides had a late wedding ceremony?  Ours is taking place at 6pm so we're contemplating of having a cocktail hour so our guests can be entertained while we take photos. I'm really against seeing the groom prior the ceremony.  Any advice?  Is the cocktail hour a waste of money?  Should I just have the ceremony and then a reception time and leave the guests to do their own thing in between? 

Originally Posted by letluva5412 View Post

Have any past brides had a late wedding ceremony?  Ours is taking place at 6pm so we're contemplating of having a cocktail hour so our guests can be entertained while we take photos. I'm really against seeing the groom prior the ceremony.  Any advice?  Is the cocktail hour a waste of money?  Should I just have the ceremony and then a reception time and leave the guests to do their own thing in between? 

Hey letluca,

I had a late wedding ceremony as well, it was at 6 pm. We were thinking of having a cocktail hour to entertain our guests, but decided against it a few months before. Also, just wanted to preface that we are not particularly cheap people, so that wasn't our only reason for not having the cocktail hour - just practical :))

In hindsight, I am so glad that we did, because our ceremony was delayed by about 10-15 minutes because the groom in the 5pm wedding had a panic attack and fainted!! Fortunately, we had a civil ceremony so we made up a bit of time, but in order to take advantage of as much sunlight as possible we had to motor down to the beach for our bride and groom photos (we had thought we would do our pics with family and friends first and then take our bride and groom pics afterwards).

Our pictures only took about 30 minutes and then as the light disappeared we headed back to the lobby to take some great shots with family and friends, using the grand staircase in the lobby as a backdrop.

So all of that was to say, that because of the sudden change in plans we were very glad we hadn't paid for the hour of cocktails, which our guests probably only would have had about 20-30 minutes of. Also, I think that most of the guests welcomed the mini break as an opportunity to freshen up in their room or to grab a drink from one of the hotel bars. 

I guess the reality is, that unlike a wedding at home where guests likely don't have enough time to go home after the ceremony and before the reception, the rationale for a cocktail reception is really there.

Happy planning,

Jenn

Thanks so much Jenn!  That really helped us with our decision.  I spoke with my FI and we opted not to do a cocktail hour.  What time did you have your reception start on your invites?

Originally Posted by welljen View Post

Hey letluca,

I had a late wedding ceremony as well, it was at 6 pm. We were thinking of having a cocktail hour to entertain our guests, but decided against it a few months before. Also, just wanted to preface that we are not particularly cheap people, so that wasn't our only reason for not having the cocktail hour - just practical :))

In hindsight, I am so glad that we did, because our ceremony was delayed by about 10-15 minutes because the groom in the 5pm wedding had a panic attack and fainted!! Fortunately, we had a civil ceremony so we made up a bit of time, but in order to take advantage of as much sunlight as possible we had to motor down to the beach for our bride and groom photos (we had thought we would do our pics with family and friends first and then take our bride and groom pics afterwards).

Our pictures only took about 30 minutes and then as the light disappeared we headed back to the lobby to take some great shots with family and friends, using the grand staircase in the lobby as a backdrop.

So all of that was to say, that because of the sudden change in plans we were very glad we hadn't paid for the hour of cocktails, which our guests probably only would have had about 20-30 minutes of. Also, I think that most of the guests welcomed the mini break as an opportunity to freshen up in their room or to grab a drink from one of the hotel bars. 

I guess the reality is, that unlike a wedding at home where guests likely don't have enough time to go home after the ceremony and before the reception, the rationale for a cocktail reception is really there.

Happy planning,

Jenn

Originally Posted by letluva5412 View Post

Thanks so much Jenn!  That really helped us with our decision.  I spoke with my FI and we opted not to do a cocktail hour.  What time did you have your reception start on your invites?

Hey letluva,

We simply said had reception to follow ceremony, so it was pretty open ;)

J