Dreams Punta Cana Brides

I'm thinking of transporting glass vases down to DR also...I figured if I give one to each member of my family (+2 extras just incase) it should be o.k. 

You MIGHT be able to find some at the shops there, but if you don't have have to rent from the resort it may get pricey. Try asking your WC how much renting the vases would be.

Let me know how you decide to do it. I'm planning on a lot of newspaper wrapped around it, I hope that will be enough wacko.gif

Originally Posted by welljen View Post

Hey Ska2m,

The reason for my radio silence, is that we are down to 29 days before we leave for the DR!!! I can't believe how fast time is flying by, it feels like it was only yesterday that me and my fiance got engaged.

Things are moving along, waiting for the delivery of a few things, like our guest books! 

The only things left to do now are a make-up trial, so I can take some photos to give to the ladies at the spa and then printing out the welcome letters for our OOT bags, our donation favour tags and the name cards for our guests seating arrangements.

One thing that has gotten me stumped is that I'm trying to do what ever I can to avoid having to transport 5-6 glass round vases down to the DR.

Anyone have any suggestions on where I might be able to locate some acrylic vases?

Hi Ladies!

I'm thinking about getting mini cooler bags for my OOT bags, this way guests could put some ice in it and keep their drinks cold while on the beach.

Still looking to find cheap bags to have my monogram printed though. Anyone have any ideas, preferably in Toronto or a company that ships to Canada.

It will look something like this though.

DSC_0054.jpg

Hi Jen!

Glad things are going smoothly and time sure is flying by! I here you about you feel like you just got engaged! I feel the same way.

As for the vase, i reached out to a friend that is a wedding coordinator there in Punta Cana who may be able to rent the vases to you so that you don't have to lug them. If she gets back to me, i will send you her info so you guys can communicate directly. Hope she can help to spare you the trouble of bringing it with you and/or purchasing them!  =)

Ska Ska

Originally Posted by welljen View Post

Hey Ska2m,

The reason for my radio silence, is that we are down to 29 days before we leave for the DR!!! I can't believe how fast time is flying by, it feels like it was only yesterday that me and my fiance got engaged.

Things are moving along, waiting for the delivery of a few things, like our guest books! 

The only things left to do now are a make-up trial, so I can take some photos to give to the ladies at the spa and then printing out the welcome letters for our OOT bags, our donation favour tags and the name cards for our guests seating arrangements.

One thing that has gotten me stumped is that I'm trying to do what ever I can to avoid having to transport 5-6 glass round vases down to the DR.

Anyone have any suggestions on where I might be able to locate some acrylic vases?

OMG, i also just saw the new pics on the website and I LOVE the new chairs that they got and the lanterns. I also emailed my WC to see if those are available and also if there is a cost. As well as for the lanterns. I'm so excited as i really didn't want to use the chair covers or bows, especially the rate they were charging for each bow! How exciting, if i hear back soon, i'll post her comments/costs if any! http://www.dreamsresorts.com/drepc/plan-your-wedding.html 

Hi everyone! I'm new to the site and am loving it. My fiance and I will be getting married at Dreams Punta Cana on November 4, 2011. I have been trying to read as much as I can but there is so much info to get through I may  need to quit my day job to read it all! I've read some of the stuff about the Photographer issues. We are planning on using the Dreams photography staff for our pics. Has anyone used them?

Hi Melissa! 

Welcome to the forum!! You will find EVERYTHING on this site! I have found it extremely useful, so do a search on all your questions and you will find a million threads. Even one on the question you posed below on the resort photog.

I am getting married on November 5th!  =)  So I'll see you there!

Ska Ska

Originally Posted by Melissa727 View Post

Hi everyone! I'm new to the site and am loving it. My fiance and I will be getting married at Dreams Punta Cana on November 4, 2011. I have been trying to read as much as I can but there is so much info to get through I may  need to quit my day job to read it all! I've read some of the stuff about the Photographer issues. We are planning on using the Dreams photography staff for our pics. Has anyone used them?

Hi Melissa,

I have read that the Dreams photography is pricey compared to an outsider. I'm using Michael Weiler from Caribbean emotions. I read that his is highly recommended. Here is his website. 

http://www.caribbeanemotions.com/

Happy reading! 

Originally Posted by Melissa727 View Post

Thanks ladies for responding. We are planning on going with the Ultimate wedding package that includes a 30 minute video n 50 photos. My only concern is in the package listing it says ceremony only. I'm wondering if that means they will just take 50 pics of the 15 min ceremony. We do want some pics after with our family n stuff n I'm worrying about getting hit with an additional fee for that. If anyone has any experience about all of this I would love to hear from you. Also, for u ladies using an off site photographer would u mind sharing pricing info n what it includes? If u don't want to post it on the forum feel free to PM me. Thanks so much!