Dreams Punta Cana Brides

Beachbum,

Did your guests enjoy the bonfire?  We are trying to figure out a rehearsal dinner thing, but I don't think paying to eat dinner at an all-inclusive resort makes sense.  A bonfire sounds great.  Did you pay extra for the extra hour??  I thought the cost of the bonfire was for an hour.  We are thinking about it, for ~50 guests.

Originally Posted by beachbum2010 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by summafool1 View Post

anyone do the bonfire or firedancers?

I did a bonfire the night before the wedding with all of our guests instead of the traditional rehersal dinner.  It was awesome - we got it for two hours at night, it was on the beach and we had a full bar service.  It was a great, relaxing evening!!

Originally Posted by Tink View Post

Does anyone know how much they charge for each flower centerpeice that would go on the reception tables? I'm looking at the site and I think its $100 each but that seems a little steep. Am I right?

The flower centerpieces are $100 per centerpiece and you are only getting flowers and a vase. If you have a centerpiece in mind, send your wedding coordinator your sample and she can then get a quote from the vendor she is using. This is what I was told when i asked Deyanira. I am in the process of figuring out what flowers i want and them I'm thinking of going to a local florist and having them done through them then through the resort. It may be cheaper, but not sure yet as I haven't searched for prices.

Originally Posted by farlem311 View Post

Beachbum,

Did your guests enjoy the bonfire?  We are trying to figure out a rehearsal dinner thing, but I don't think paying to eat dinner at an all-inclusive resort makes sense.  A bonfire sounds great.  Did you pay extra for the extra hour??  I thought the cost of the bonfire was for an hour.  We are thinking about it, for ~50 guests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum2010 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by summafool1 View Post

anyone do the bonfire or firedancers?

I did a bonfire the night before the wedding with all of our guests instead of the traditional rehersal dinner.  It was awesome - we got it for two hours at night, it was on the beach and we had a full bar service.  It was a great, relaxing evening!!

They seemed to really enjoy - we live in an area where campfire etc are popular, so I thought it would be a little piece of home.  The fire is huge and we paid for two hours.  It is a bit pricey for a bonfire, but we were able to save in other places and we wanted to do something different other than a rehersal dinner just for the wedding party and I wanted to inlcude all my guests.  There was 43 of us and the staf rounded up beach chairs around the fire and we had a bar there with waiters.  It was awesome.

Originally Posted by morganeb View Post

In reference to bringing the IPOD's to hook up....did they also have a power cord to ensure that it didn't run out of battery life before the end night?  If not, did any of you have to purchase a special power cord for DR's outlets or are they the same??

I made sure if was fully charged before just in case - I have a charger for mine.  I am not sure if just by being plugged into the stereo system, that it would keep a charge.  I had no issue using the outlets in the DR - they are not different, but brought a outlet converter just in case.

Our wedding was a great success! woot.gif

We had the time of our lives, and we didn't want the night to end.

I would like to review our photographer videographer that we booked in Punta Cana for our wedding.

I recently married in Punta Cana in January at the Dreams Punta Cana. I have been searching for photographers for my wedding in Punta Cana and did not make my decision until I stumbled across Michael's and Pascal's website (www.caribbeanemotions.com). I decided to book Michael and Pascal for our wedding just by looking at their photos and videos on the website and they have very reasonable prices. my husband left the decision to me even though I was a little scared to make the final decision considering that my husband is a photographer himself so he is quite critical, but my husband and I had NO regrets!

I communicated with Michael all throughout the time leading to my wedding date and did not have any issues or concerns. He was very professional and easy going and responded to all my emails.

When I finally met him at my resort to take the pre-ceremony photos, I knew that everything would turn out fine. He arrived on time with his brother (Pascal) and went right to work. He took charge and directed where to take photos, how to pose. He was very creative, taking shots on the beach and around the resort. He was very easy-going, no non-sense and very professional.

When we arrived at the wedding location and took the photos, he continued with his direction and his creative views on taking pictures. We didn't take pictures for hours long which was great because we were there to party! not to spend time taking millions of pictures. He took great candid photos as well. During the reception, I honestly didn't even notice he was there! That's how discreet he was, but he still captured every moment in my photos! he did not miss a beat! some photographer will always be in our face taking the shots, with their flashing camera, but he was not! and that's what I liked about him.

Overall, you will NOT go wrong with Caribbean Emotions. I highly recommend Michael and Pascal to any brides getting married in Punta Cana and I also advise you check out his "new/updated" facebook site
(www.facebook.com/caribbeanemotions)! They posted a lot of new shots them took with recent weddings and they are great!!!

Good luck and congrats to all the brides to be! =)  

Our wedding was a great success :)

We had the time of our lives, and we didn't want the night to end.
I would like to review our photographer videographer that we booked in Punta Cana for our wedding.

I recently married in Punta Cana in January at the Dreams Punta Cana. I have been searching for photographers for my wedding in Punta Cana and did not make my decision until I stumbled across Michael's and Pascal's website (www.caribbeanemotions.com). I decided to book Michael and Pascal for our wedding just by looking at their photos and videos on the website and they have very reasonable prices. my husband left the decision to me even though I was a little scared to make the final decision considering that my husband is a photographer himself so he is quite critical, but my husband and I had NO regrets!

I communicated with Michael all throughout the time leading to my wedding date and did not have any issues or concerns. He was very professional and easy going and responded to all my emails.

When I finally met him at my resort to take the pre-ceremony photos, I knew that everything would turn out fine. He arrived on time with his brother (Pascal) and went right to work. He took charge and directed where to take photos, how to pose. He was very creative, taking shots on the beach and around the resort. He was very easy-going, no non-sense and very professional.

When we arrived at the wedding location and took the photos, he continued with his direction and his creative views on taking pictures. We didn't take pictures for hours long which was great because we were there to party! not to spend time taking millions of pictures. He took great candid photos as well. During the reception, I honestly didn't even notice he was there! That's how discreet he was, but he still captured every moment in my photos! he did not miss a beat! some photographer will always be in our face taking the shots, with their flashing camera, but he was not! and that's what I liked about him.

Overall, you will NOT go wrong with Caribbean Emotions. I highly recommend Michael and Pascal to any brides getting married in Punta Cana and I also advise you check out his "new/updated" f
acebook site (www.facebook.com/caribbeanemotions)! They posted a lot of new shots them took with recent weddings and they are great!!!

Good luck and congrats to all the brides to be! =)

100$ for a centerpiece is sooo expensive, there was no way I was paying that much!

I just got some luminarys made 4 sets of 3 only cost about 50$, they ship flat so they wont take up much room, and they're super cute :)

Check em out!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ilLUMIEnate?ref=pr_shop_more

Thanks for the suggestion! Do you happen to have any pics of your set up?