Dreams Punta Cana Brides

Aww I love the paper lanterns!  That's what I was hoping for ours to look like but we got moved to inside the Bordeaux because of weather, so they got placed kind of on walls and covering a few decorationy things on the walls.  But we got them from www.justartifacts.net/roblpala.html and they shipped to Canada, and I made led throwies to put inside them.  Actually the throwies came in handy, I had extra and the power for the entire resort went out for almost 2 hours on our bachelor/bachelorette party night so I carried one around to see where I was going.  www.instructables.com/id/LED-Throwies/  I bought the batteries and lights from ebay so they were cheap and ridiculously easy to make.

Congrats Eliana! Love the pictures!

Alykay - You can get paper lanterns in a bunch of different colours from this website: http://www.weddingfavours.ca/, they have three different sizes (just type in paper lanterns in the search box), I didn't order lanterns from them, but I did order my wedding favours, and I didn't have any troubles. They are based in Ingersoll, ON

I'm on Feb 7, almost down to one month left!

Hola Dream brides!

I'm leaving Tuesday January 4th for Dreams and getting married on the 8th!  I can't believe I have three days before we fly out, it's going to go by sooo fast!  I've done my more reading on this forum then anything and you have all helped me out enormously!  I hope to return the favor once I return home!

Congrats Keight, Can't wait to hear about it when you get back!

Past brides: Did you get your hair/make-up done at the spa? How did you like it?

I'm getting really nervous about this. I have super long hair, like to my waist and hair is kinda a big deal to me lol!

What about make-up? I'm thinking about getting lessons before I go and buying some super good quality make up for the wedding but is it worth it?

Anyways, I'm just stressing, any info would be wonderful to ease my nerves lol

Wow Congrats Keight

I will be in your boat very soon, mine is in May but i feel the days are going by so fast.

I wish you the best for your trip and esp ur wedding day, one positive thing the wedding staff have had a two week break so they will be well rested and all ready for ur wedding ; )

What terrace r u getting married in, if its la bordeaux pls take photos of it coz thats where mine is and although ive seen photos too many is not enough : )

Sherri I got my hair, makeup and nails done at the spa and it looked pretty good.  I can't remember the name of the girl... someone had mentioned her name recently in a review too.  But I brought pictures for my hair and makeup and both were pretty close to what I wanted.  The only thing I was concerned about was how much hairspray was used to make curls, I thought it'd be really stiff instead of more natural what was what I wanted but then when I realized how windy it was outside (even around the gazebo) I figured they must know what they're doing.

Hey Dreams Ladies,

So now that the holiday's are behind us, I'm starting to get back into wedding planning mode.

I figure that the next 1-2 months are going to be super busy, with my fiance finally buying his suit and both of us getting the attire for both the groomsmen and bridesmaids. Fortunately, I've narrowed it down to 3 dress styles from J.Crew and we'll be ordering them all so the bridesmaids can decide which is the most flattering.

My dress has already arrived, but I'll be booking my first fitting for the beginning of February; and I've already brought my shoes and jewellery - although I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my hair.

The big thing on my list this month is the decor for the reception and the OOT bags.

How is everyone else doing in their planning?