Dreams Punta Cana Brides

can i make a suggestion on the cigar roller? our guests (DH especially) were OBSESSED with the cigars down there. we made friends with one of the bartenders who warned us that a lot of times the vendors and rollers use banana leaves to roll the cigars in and they just aren't that great of quality then. if you really wanted to have cigars, i suggest buying some once you get down there and have them sitting out on the cocktail hour tables! it's also SUPER hard to keep them lit since it's so humid all the time.

toya, you are getting SO close!! it makes me so sad (for myself)/happy (for you all) that everyone still has this to look forward to! maybe it's just me, but i can't say that my wedding day was the happiest day of my life because the whole time i was there was the happiest WEEK of my life! i can't wait to see everyone's pictures when they come back to see if you and your guests enjoyed the same things we did, etc.!

oh, ska, i also have a warning about the monkey. make sure you take note of how expensive pictures with the animals are if you aren't planning on purchasing them for your guests. my stepdaughter took her picture with the monkey and just to get one print cost us $15. cds are $30 (but you get your 4 or 5 poses on it) they only have the monkey 2 days a week, so i don't know if they would charge extra to bring him in from the zoo when it's an off day?

Hi ALL!

I am planning to get married at the Dreams Punta Cana... but just wondering if anyone has information or have gotten married there prevuiously.

I have tried to email the resort and no one is getting back to me, anyone else have this problem?

when you choose the reception, do you get to choose locations, and what is included in the reception dinner, drinks, etc etc

anyone using another photograp[her outside the resort?

Thanks Erin on the heads up. I figured I would hire the monkey, but have folks purchase their own pics (unless i get a good deal and can purchase a set amount for a cheaper price)....I know they are expensive as I ended up paying $45 for 6 pics....but i loved them!

Actually, quick question for those having a symbolic wedding only. Did you get a handout or something on what the WC performing the ceremony is going to say or did you provide her with what you want said at your ceremony? Didn't want my ceremony to only last 5 minutes..so I'm confused on what will be said since mine won't be religious or civil......

Hi Bella. Welcome to the forum! If you go back and read like the last 30 pages, you will find all the answer to your questions on the reception/locatin. Also, if you go to Dream PC website, you will see the different packages listed under Weddings. As for the WC, they do respond eventually, but they usually respond to brides whose wedding's are happening soon. So no need to stress as someone will eventually e-mail you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebredhawk View Post
can i make a suggestion on the cigar roller? our guests (DH especially) were OBSESSED with the cigars down there. we made friends with one of the bartenders who warned us that a lot of times the vendors and rollers use banana leaves to roll the cigars in and they just aren't that great of quality then. if you really wanted to have cigars, i suggest buying some once you get down there and have them sitting out on the cocktail hour tables! it's also SUPER hard to keep them lit since it's so humid all the time.
Erin, where did you buy them from ? because Iwould much rather do that. Especially since I don't want to pay for 50 cigars when we only need about 20and thats prolly alot.

Welcome to the forum Bella, you will find pretty much EVERYTHING you wanna to know about DPC on this thread lol.. we have loaded it with a ton of information. Also don't worry the WC's always take along time to get back to you when you ask questions. we sorda got used to it :)

ska, i don't know if you read my review or not, but really the only thing we didn't like about the resort was dealing with the photographers. there was no negotiating, which is funny because you could pretty much negotiate with every other vendor. i just don't want you to waste your money! you've got a while to go though in order to figure out all of that!

hopefully someone else can answer your question about the symbolic ceremony with the WC performing it. pastor york performed ours so i can only speak to what he does.

toya, we actually befriended some bartenders and the guys told them we wanted cigars. they came back after about 30 minutes with all different kinds and we got them for really good prices! when in doubt, you can just buy them in the gift shop to the left of the disco that has TONS of different kinds of cigars, humidors, etc.! and i hope you are getting back into the swing of things after your computer blow up!! it'll all be worth it here soon!

oh man nat, i wish we could have!! it was really our only wedding expense down there (thank goodness for the free wedding!) so we didn't even try. i get the feeling that they have so much demand that they don't negotiate. it's worth every single penny though! i'd say the best 3 decisions i made during planning were.. in no particular order:

1) DPC

2) La Baracaza

3) My photog and videographer

i don't regret anything that i did... except maybe spending too much time on little details that no one, including me, noticed on the wedding day!!

That's a good way to be and think of it Erin :) That's what i did too and looking back it I don't regret it one bit. That's the beauty of destination weddings, they can be as simple as you want them to be and always end up a huge hit. So much fun! And I remember the bartenders being super cool too, I wonder if it's the same guys.

I'm getting pretty pumped about Christine's wedding next week. I feel so lucky to travel and be apart of such an incredible day. AND... this time I have my macro lens so I'll be spending lots of time with the flowers in the garden. be prepared for pics ladies. hah! any requests? cheesy.gif

I can't remember when I was back there what the deal was with cell phones cuz I didn't bring mine. Erin did you guys bring yours or turn it on?