Dreams Punta Cana Brides

Toya that sounds like my AHR! Pretty relaxed, I will wear my dress to make the entrance and take pictures then change into a short white dress to have some fun! Nothing too formal... we too are having our AHR(s) close to when we come back. One AHR is July 17 and the other is July 24 (two different cities). By the way, I'm excited to see your pictures of this gorgeous dress!

same thing for our AHR as well which is june 5th! except we're not having a dj (just ipod music) and i'm not putting on my dress or anything. we wanted it to be more of an "open house" type thing, so people can just come and go... eat, drink, dance, play games, etc. hopefully it won't involve too much more planning when we get back! we actually need to send out the invites next week!

3 weeks from right now i'll be meeting with flori from la barcaza at the resort to finalize everything! WEIRD!!

3 weeks?! Oh bless your soul...I'm trying not to look at the calendar because my heart starts to race every time I do...

I'm a butthead when it comes to favors. I didn't want to have to cart down stuff that people wouldn't use or would throw away in the end anyway, so I thought long and hard about what to do. I ordered a hanger from an Etsy seller (aressa) for my FI's daughter (as her flower girl present) and when it arrived, I fell in love. Our color is a light yellow, and she added a beautiful bow in that color. She also let me personalize the hanger as well (in addition to the name in metal), so I had her write "May 24, 2010" on the left side of the hanger and "Dominican Republic" on the right. I thought this would be something that was easy to travel with, they'd use it, and it's unique!!! I have pictures of the one she did (I just placed an order for 20 more) if anyone is interested in seeing it. She was super quick too....going back to the limited amount of time I have left *gulp*...

BD shoot is on May 8th! OMG...

Well, it seems safe to say that we all seem to be on the same page with a stress free,casual, and fun AHR! After all the wedding day stress, it will be a treat to just have a fun party with friends and family that couldn't make it in celebration of your wedding! My wedding is August 28, we get back on Sept 1 at midnight and our AHR is on Sept 4! Not much time to do things when I get back so everything needs to be finalized before I leave. At least the whole experience will still be super fresh! LOL

Christine, I can't wait to see your teasers from your BD shoot. Have a blast! Your hubby, I'm sure will enjoy the photos.

Is everyone still stressed, or has the mood turned into excitement and anticipation yet? :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elenajustine View Post
so i just emailed deyanira with a ton of questions and info for my wedding and it got returned to me. this is the address for her i've always used. has she changed her email lately? im freakinggg a little

weddings2@dreamspuntacana.com.do

Hey Elena,

I think Jen was kind enough to give us her new email in a previous post. Try weddings2.drepc@dreamsresorts.com
Hopefully, this will ease your mind a little. Please let us know if she's not responding to this email either as then I might just have to freak out with you!

christinimartini, i love the hanger idea! so cute! i was very conflicted when i was starting to plan OOT bags, etc. because i absolutely didn't want to include anything just for the sake of cutesy-ness. i wanted everything to be useful and if it wasn't, it wouldn't be worth spending the $$.

we actually won't know till thursday (oh goodness i hope it gets finalized thursday) whether or not my FI's daughter will get to come. we have her whole bag/present ready, but we have to wait to find out if she can come. otherwise we're going to give it to her at our legal ceremony for her special present.

Ebredhawk--My FIs ex-wife was surprisingly willing to let her come to the DR. My FMIL will be flying to Chicago to pick her up, and travel with her since we'll already be there. We made the mistake of mailing an invitation to their house for her...the ex-wife read it and then started freaking out saying we were going to keep her in the DR...ummm, riiiight.

Turns out it was just a bad day for the ex and she calmed down...

I thought it was going to be a real struggle to have her come (she's cool.gif but things so far have gone pretty smooth. We just need to work on the notarized letter from both parents allowing her to leave the country.

I really hope things work out for all of you. It was important for me to have her there for this part, not necessarily the legal portion, since she wouldn't really understand that anyway. I figured once she sees the dresses and all the hooplah that goes into a "wedding" it will be official in her eyes, LOL...

I'm gitty over the hangers. I was actually super excited to pay that bill because that means they're mine!! (Well, really everyone elses...) She was even able to give me a nice discount because I ordered so many! I even ordered one for Sharron to give to her as her present for all her help.

Jenise-- I'm actually really excited about the BD shoot!! I wish I could have some instantaneous liposuction/tanning/toning/hair extensions, but I am what I am, and I'm excited to see what kind of greatness Photoshop can do! Poor Jen has her work cut out for her hehehe...

christinimartini.. that is amazing that your FI's ex is being so agreeable! my future step daughter's mom (she and my FI were never married) actually started with the "you'll never bring her back from PC" argument and then moved on to her getting kidnapping, people in the caribbean hating americans, etc. now that we're in court she's arguing that she shouldn't miss 5 days of school. and by school i mean 1st grade. i hate for her to miss that much, but we will help her do her work, and even the judge said that she may learn more from going to another country and spending time with her family than she would in a classroom. here's hoping that logic wins out! the legal thing is just our back up plan.. i know she won't understand what it really means, but if she can't come we'll make her feel special, like it's our secret and no one else knows.

on a much brighter note, my hair pieces shipped today! my amazing photographer also has a hairpiece business (www.poshrebel.com) so she made me one for the ceremony and one for the TTD! the first one is the ceremony one and the 2nd is for the TTD... i can't wear a veil on the beach (damn wind) so we're doing it for that shoot instead!

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.