Dreams Punta Cana Brides

Thanks for the tip Erin! I work in a tv station and we are constantly getting shipments with that stuff in it, so I always have access (personally). But thats a great idea for people who can't get a hold of that stuff easily!

Oh and Tam sent me her leftover travel mugs, and they are AWESOME! I can't thank her enough, honestly!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogswellgray View Post
Don't they have sand ceromny available there? Or am I misguided? lol.

I've been having tons of dreams just about being in the DR but I have had a couple nightmares!
-we went through the WHOLE wedding w/out the photographer! And afterwards I was running around like a MADWOMAN trying to find out where he is. lol.

SO just an update on my Deyanira email dillemma, its been 2 months, multiple emails & no response. what would u girls do? the only thing reassuring to me is that she charged by card for the deposit in the middle of all this no responding. I guess I'll send her ANOTHER email asking about the legal ceremony stuff but I feel like its a waste of time!

Cruz- How are you having to civil ceremonies? is that possible? lol.
jennifer - deyanira really doesn't respond until your wedding day is approaching. atleast that was my experience. it's totally frusturating but they do so many weddings there thats just how it is....

So I have been having the same problem with Deyanira not emailing me back and I am about 3 weeks away from me wedding date! I have been asking her if El Patio has outlets so we can hang up white christmas type lights and then hang white paper lanterns over them and Deyanira really isn't understanding what I am asking. Can anyone else help mehuh.gif Is anyone else using paper lanterns as a decoration and if so how are you going to use them? If you hang them up - are you hanging them over string lights so they are illuminated? My fear is that if I don't use string lights over the paper lanterns once it gets dark out they kind of loose their appeal. Help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogswellgray View Post
FINALLY! she emailed me back! she said she has a new email lol. what the hell! why didn't she tell me?!
now thats crazy, if she had a new email address she should have sent that to all her brides wth.....

alot of times I make it a habit to email both Deyanira and Sharron so I make sure I get a rersponse back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprattjn View Post
So I have been having the same problem with Deyanira not emailing me back and I am about 3 weeks away from me wedding date! I have been asking her if El Patio has outlets so we can hang up white christmas type lights and then hang white paper lanterns over them and Deyanira really isn't understanding what I am asking. Can anyone else help mehuh.gif Is anyone else using paper lanterns as a decoration and if so how are you going to use them? If you hang them up - are you hanging them over string lights so they are illuminated? My fear is that if I don't use string lights over the paper lanterns once it gets dark out they kind of loose their appeal. Help!!!
I know a while back I asked Deyanira about lanterns on all the terraces and she told me you can hang lanterns on the El Patio and the Bordeaux terrace, so you should be fine with that. I would get lights to make sure they are illuminated as well. They should have outlets. the type of lanterns I plan on purchasing have lights already in them.

Hi ladies my name is Terri and I have been reading the thread and I love you girls.... there is such a wealth of information on here.

We are planning on having a destination wedding in DR in probably Feb. or May 2011. I have been doing my research and Dreams seems to be the one to go with. I just wanted to ask I noticed some of you are doing the free wedding package and adding stuff on. wanted to know why are you doing it that way is it because of the number of guest you are having at your wedding or because it would be less expensive? I am going crazy trying to figure out which way to go.... free wedding or Love / ultimate smile35.gif

Also....is the resort charging extra for a private reception and open barhuh.gif

Thanks in advance.....

Terri

I never used to have a problem with her answering my emails. It would take 2days, even a week, and I never had a problem with that because I know she is a busy lady. I hardly ever email her because a lot of my questions get answered on here ;-)

Maybe she will tell you her new email the next time she answers an email from you ladies, but here ya go!

weddings2.drepc@dreamsresorts.com

I also asked about the sand ceremony and they said they perform it but you need to bring your own supplies.

AHH! Im at 6 months now!! When did you ladies start buying all your favors? I don't feel like I have that much to do, but I know I do cus I havnt done anything really!

WELCOME TERRI! I went for the Ultimate package so I wouldnt have any advice, but good luck!