New Newbie

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 CGagnon

• 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 05:13 PM

Hello my name is Catherine. We are planning on getting married in Cabo on Aug 8, 2007. I look forward to all the helpful comments from everyone.

#2 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 05:22 PM

Hi Catherine - welcome to the forum! There are so many Cabo brides on here that can help you, just let us know what you need! Have you decided on a location in Cabo yet?

#3 Nrvsbride

• 5,248 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 05:31 PM

Hi Catherine,

Welcome! I recently joined and have found all the girls to be so nice and helpful. Have you picked a place yet? Let us know how we can help.

#4 CGagnon

• 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 05:43 PM

I am trying to decide between Dreams and Riu. I like the fact that Riu is closer to downtown, that way my guests can get around easier. I have never been to Cabo, is being closer to downtown Cabo a good thing or not? I am not sure about having the wedding at the resort or finding a location off the resort. Dreams sounds better if we want to have the wedding at the resort. Any suggestions!!! It seems a little overwhelming right now:)

#5 Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 06:05 PM

Welcome Catherine!
            I'm a Cabo Dreams bride, so I'll share what my opinion is of Riu and Dreams because those were the two places I was primarily debating between.

Some things to consider when deciding between these places are:
            ~How many guests will you have? Dreams is a smaller resort than the Riu, so it books up faster.
            ~What type of guests do you have? If you have alot of partiers, you may want to check out the Riu since it is so close to town, however Dreams is only like a 15 minute cab ride away. Riu is also much more of a party atmosphere, in my opinion, although Dreams is very fun too. The Riu is probably too far to walk to the bars and downtown too, we rented a car while we were there and always drove to town. During my site visit I stayed at the Riu and visited Dreams. We thought the Riu was tons of fun for a vacation, but there were a few too many totally wasted people running around all the time for us to consider it for a wedding. We wanted a quiter atmosphere.
            ~They are both all-inclusive resorts and although I haven't eaten at Dreams I've been told it was wonderful. I've of course eaten at the Riu while I stayed there and my FI both really liked their food too.

There is so much info on this forum regarding these two places that i'm sure you can find out anything you want to know. Just search for Dreams or Riu in the search bar. If you have any specific questions, just ask because I'm sure someone will have the answer!

#6 Jackie

• 2,290 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 02:18 PM

Welcome Catherine!
              My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review

#7 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 27 December 2006 - 02:49 PM

welcome catherine,

i am a dreams bride (there are alot of us) so let me know if i can help in any way...i posted a bunch of pics etc.

there are also a few riu brides that i am sure will be able to help you as well...give it a few days for everyone to get back to you!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
              Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#8 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 03:01 PM

Hi and welcome, there are a ton of Dreams brides on here that can help in making your decison. Happy planning and let us know if you have any more questions.

#9 Christine

• VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

Posted 01 January 2007 - 03:37 PM

Welcome to the forum, I am sure you get all the info you need here.
                Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#10 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 04:01 PM

Welcome Catherine, there are a lot of cabo brides here that I'm sure will be able to help you and there is tons of information on this sight. Let us know if we can help in any way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users