Sign in to follow this  
schelleq

Dreams Tulum Brides--I need advice!!!

Well, I am thisclose to officially booking our wedding for May 9, 2009 at Dreams Tulum!! The communication with Sandra has been extremely stressful thus far and the latest is she keeps asking me for my flight information! You can not book flights more than a year in advance, but she keeps asking me for it anyway! Does this mean my date is not booked until I can get her this info or did some of you go through a similar situation, get her all of that at a later time, but was still able to book early?

Thanks for the help & advice!

Hey! I was able to book with my date without a flight number...in fact...we still haven't booked our flight and our date is still ready next October. I would just let her know that since flights are unavailable at this time you cannot give her an itinerary, but you will as soon as you can. Also, are you planning on working with a TA? If so, maybe they can let Sandra know about you plans...

from whta i hear things seem to always be stressful when trying to communicate with sandra but in the end things seem to always work out and ive never really heard anything bad about her once you get there. the day seemed to go off without a hitch the wedding i shot there. ya listen to trisha. have your TA contact sandra and make sure you got a contract saying your date is set in stone wink.gif

happy planning and if you want to see the wedding photos from tulum go to Collages.net Home and the username is "laura david" and the password is 15095 and when it asks you for an email just type in like shelleq@something.com or make one up wink.gif

enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisha0612 View Post
Hey! I was able to book with my date without a flight number...in fact...we still haven't booked our flight and our date is still ready next October. I would just let her know that since flights are unavailable at this time you cannot give her an itinerary, but you will as soon as you can. Also, are you planning on working with a TA? If so, maybe they can let Sandra know about you plans...
Same as above!!! :)

Our wedding date is booked for Nov 13 2008, everything has been confirmed! but... we don't have flights booked at this moment either... In the end Sandra needed our TA info... so we sent her or TA info and we were then confirmed! I suggest contacting a Travel agent and asking for a couple quotes... you wont get any for your 2009 dates, but at least you'll have a TA getting quotes in... Then contact Sandra and let her know you have a TA and your working on getting numbers and contact info...

Hope this helps :) happy planning!!!

i didn't give a flight number when i got "confirmed". communication with her is slow, but its seems it all works out in the end. I wonder if she thinks its this year?

I didn't need flight info to book my date either. My TA has already blocked our rooms and she has been in contact with the resort, so maybe thats why they didn't need any flight confirmations. I have not even booked flight yet, still hoping the prices will drop some!

She may have gotten confused. It takes about a week to hear back from Sandra and understandbly so. She gets written by hundreds of brides and really does all the corresponding herself. When I was there (only 2 days) I saw 4 weddings.

Sandra told me the resort was working on getting her a 2nd assistant. For ALL OF OUR SAKES, let's hope it happens!

GREAT NEWS - Don't worry whatsoever! I JUST booked my wedding at Dreams Tulum on May 7, 2009 (looks like we'll be seeing eachother!). I don't have a flight number or anything like that, but both Sandra and Landy allowed me to make my reservation, no problem. I found Landy got back to me a bit quicker than Sandra. You might try emailing her instead! Good luck and keep in touch. I'm in the midst of trying to figure out which wedding package I want... it's so confusing!!!

yaaayyy. congrats to you.. you wont be dissapointed. the place is fantastic. did you get a chance to check out the online gallery of photos from the wedding i just shot there. if you dont get a chance to go there it will be a great help to get afeeling for the resort and the wedding day a head of time.

congrats again and happy planning and wedding package picking :)