Sign in to follow this  
PrecisePlans

i don't have any responsible friends!!!

that's why i'm not having a bridal party. They have all been invited to the wedding, but I don't feel that any of them should be standing up there with me. I'm always being let down with empty promises and the famous "I forgot" syndrome!!!

Not ONE of my so-called friends has even asked me about my dress, my hair, offered to help out in any way. There was no bridal shower and sadly no bacherlorette party unless I plan it for myself and pay for it!!

I'm the only one out of the "group" to get married. I'm sorry, i just had to vent!

Oh sorry to hear that your friends are not giving you support or showing interest in a very important day. That really sucks.

I am very surprised that NO ONE is having a party for you--not cool.

I hate to hear that! I have 2 best friends that have married before me and honestly I didn't know about all of the parties and had never thrown one before. I learned quick = )

Maybe you should talk about the bachelorette party with your friends- say how much fun it will be for all of you girls to get together one last time while you are officially still single. Maybe they will get the hint that they need to start planning something.rant.gif

If you are the only one to be married, I wonder if this is a jealousy thing.

But nonetheless, I'm sorry. That really sucks. Have you drifted apart from them? Or have they just been sucking it up ever since the ring popped up?

Monica, the thing is, I don't want to feel like I'm "begging" for someone to be involved in my wedding. They generally don't show any interest in the wedding details at all. They are just excited to go to Jamaica because none of them have ever been before. Maybe we have drifted apart because I moved to California 5 years ago and the phone calls kinda stopped and the 1 way visits (me coming back home) were the only option.

Oh that's rough. I drifted apart from my friends too when I moved. It's a very hard time- especially if you aren't good at contacting them (that's me!) Where do they live? Far away? Maybe they thought your cali friends would be doing something. If they are your friends, I would talk to them. No one can read your mind and know your feelings are hurt. Especially since none of them have been married they probably don't understand how you feel unless you tell them.

I probably wouldn't mind talking to them about it, if they frickin showed interest. If I had a good friend that was getting married, the first thing that I would ask her at least is "Have you gotten your dress yet?" or any details....it's all about them!! I moved from Maryland to Cali and I'm not inviting any of my "cali" friends, because I don't really have any. The friends that I have back at home, I've known for over 15 years. I'm just dissapointed i guess. They don't even RSVP, so why should i expect them to take the time to plan something for me. It's just sad!

I completely understand. It's sad that women seem to have a tougher time keeping in touch. men seem to never have that problem!

I just recently moved away and I'm fortunate to have a few friends that ask about the wedding but most of my friends can't make it to Mexico- which is a bummer! I want all of my friends there! I'm not having a bridal party either. I want it that way.

Well, put the bach party together on your own- I know it sucks but it will be fun after it's all said and done. If you put together the details I bet they will show up with the feather boa, tiara, penis straws, etc. = )

I always just remember to be a good friend no matter how hurt my feelings are. We are hormonal females!

man that sucks.. those friends arent deserving of you. you should find new and cooler and nicer friends that wanna have a bachelorett party for you :) if they dont i guess i can dust off my old thong in the closet and bust out some of my sweet dance moves HAHAHA