Event decorators in Los Cabos?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 miagirl

miagirl
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 06:36 PM

Hi Ladies!

I cannot believe i am down to less than 40 days now.....

One of the things I am working on right now is trying to find an event decorator who can help construct a canopy with chinese lanterns for my outdoor wedding at the Hilton. I've attached a pic so you guys can get a better idea of what I'm talking about. I just touched base with my florist to see if she can assist...(btw...Adriana Frias at the Flower Cart is GREAT to work with)...but I realize this doesn't really fall in her "lane". Any recommendations on a company or person that can do this?

Thanks!
    Mia

Attached Files

#2 jkny23

jkny23
    • 51 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:38 PM

You should contact a DMC -- Destination Management Company...I have used Tropical Incentives before and they are excellent and may be able to provide you with decorations that you are looking for.

#3 vinxy

vinxy
      • 14 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:43 PM

Please let us know. We are looking for the same thing. We contacted the Hilton and showed them that exact same picture and they charged $1500. We are doing our wedding at the Hilton on that exact same terrace.

Which terrace are you doing the reception on. I think that if there were some poles or trees to work with it would not be that hard to string some paper lanterns up, but getting a post up is hard on that terrace. We are thinking of perhaps using the trees to the side of the terrace to hang a string for the paper lanterns, but that would be off to the side.

#4 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,047 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
        • LocationToronto

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:50 PM

I am currently looking at this event designer for help, and so far it seems perfect. I don't have an idea of the cost yet, but you might want to contact them and ask. Del Cabo ~Event Design~

#5 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
        • 2,183 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:51 PM

Contact Maye, she may be able to help you.

#6 miagirl

miagirl
          • 23 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:52 AM

Thanks so much for all the great ideas....Del Cabo Design's website is AWESOME...I wish I'd known about them earlier. Since I originally posted this thread, I hired a wedding planner (Maye) and she is handling the lanterns. I won't get the whole canopy thing....but that's fine by me...it was definitely a huge expense. Thanks again!

#7 plumsugar

plumsugar
            • 175 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:08 PM

Just another note on an event design company, my DJ (Ricardo Patino) refered me to this company as well:
              OXTEN -LOS CABOS-

#8 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
              • 5,705 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:08 PM

Your WC will be able to get you everything!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users