Photo

Sending Deposits

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Sunshine311

Sunshine311
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:26 PM

Hey there, I'm a Canadian Bride who is getting married in Puerto Vallarta Mexico next month. This is all very new to me and I was just wondering how I can guarentee the legitimacy of vendors. i.e. photographer.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm a bit nervous wiring money to a Mexico bank account for a vendor I know nothing about. Basically I'm going on blind faith that I'm dealing with a reputable vendor. I'm worried about getting 'taken'. Is there any procedures, or ways to protect myself and know I'm getting involved with a legitimate service?

Thanks,

#2 Kishalee

Kishalee
    • Site Supporter
    • 64 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:01 PM

I think that you have a legitimate concern. That is one of the reasons that I think that this site is wonderful, there are plenty of folks on here that have knowledge of the planning and execution of these complicated affairs and they are always willing to lend a helping hand.

The best that I can say is to check with other brides on this site who might have gotten married in the area and see who they have used. I think that someone who has a done a good job for someone else will probably do a good job for you.

#3 Kishalee

Kishalee
      • Site Supporter
      • 64 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:01 PM

I think that you have a legitimate concern. That is one of the reasons that I think that this site is wonderful, there are plenty of folks on here that have knowledge of the planning and execution of these complicated affairs and they are always willing to lend a helping hand.

The best that I can say is to check with other brides on this site who might have gotten married in the area and see who they have used. I think that someone who has a done a good job for someone else will probably do a good job for you.

#4 sohappy

sohappy
        • 260 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:29 PM

I agree this forum has a ton of great referrals. Do a search and see if anyone has used the same vendors and check out their reviews.

Will they not accept cc? I'm going to try to put everything on my cc b/c if there is a dispute later, I can take it up with my cc company.

#5 edna

edna
          • Site Supporter
          • 1,360 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:38 PM

We are several PV Brides around so if you let us know which suppliers are you using many of us can give you feedback about them before you send any money...

Do you have a WC , where are you getting married in PV, if you have one either with the hotel or the venue, they are usually able to help with this...

#6 Golden

Golden
            • 354 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:54 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Kishalee

Some vendors, I did a cashiers check and sent via UPS

#7 Sunshine311

Sunshine311
              • 26 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:47 AM

The photograher is Josef Kandoll, anyone heard of him? He was recommended by the WC at our resort. His website looks pretty good!

I would UPS, but it's around $75 to courier, via $20 to wire transfer. As for the cc, so far no one takes it!

#8 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 05:10 AM

We had to deposit $$ in the account of the owner of our WD restaurant. We had a contract and all of his contact info (name/numbers/addresses/etc.) but I guess you could say we went on faith.

He did not accept cc for the deposit, and I think that is common for many smaller vendors. Maybe someone here has heard of your photog, but if your WC referred you I think that's better than sending $$ to a random person with no affiliation to anyone you know. Good luck!

#9 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 18,759 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:00 AM

My photograher took paypal. I was glad, because I don't know how to wire money. I also trusted them because so many people on the forum hired them. They only want a deposit until the day of the wedding, but I'll just pay it all before I leave.

#10 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 18,759 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:02 AM

ohh, his website does look good. I think your WC probably gave you a good recommendation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users