Photo

I need advice!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 luv2love

luv2love
  • 260 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:40 PM

My Aunt just asked my mother if she can share a room with her at the resort to cut costs. My mother really doesn't want to, but being the kind person she is, doesn't know how to say no. Does anyone have any advice I can give my mom on how she can politely refuse without risking my Aunt taking it the wrong way?

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:45 PM

Are you staying with your FI the night before the wedding? You could always have your mom say that you two had already planned on sharing the room for that night so there wouldn't be room for her. I like my own personal space too, so I totally understand.

#3 LadyP

LadyP
      • 3,156 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:45 PM

tell her to tell your aunt that she got a single or that your will probably stay with her the night before the wedding so that you wont see your FH before the wedding

#4 LisaG

LisaG
        • VIP Member
        • 7,839 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:47 PM

Oh that's a tough one. Maybe she can say that you are going to stay with her the night before the wedding and all your things are going to be in her room and it will be too crowded.

#5 luv2love

luv2love
          • 260 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:50 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by carly
            Are you staying with your FI the night before the wedding? You could always have your mom say that you two had already planned on sharing the room for that night so there wouldn't be room for her. I like my own personal space too, so I totally understand.
            That's a great idea. The only thing is I don't think that is the way it will end up being, but I suppose she could just tell my Aunt that I had a change of heart in the end. Thanks for the advice!

#6 luv2love

luv2love
            • 260 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:03 PM

I just heard back from my mom and she feels so bad for my Aunt because it sounds like she is having a hard time affording the trip now. So, my is just going to go with it and share a room. Who knows, maybe it will end up being a good thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users