Anyone get married on the beach and NOT use arches?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Denise40

• 407 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:56 AM

I am renewing my vows and I am using an arch. The reason I decided was since there will only be 6 of us participating, I wanted it to not look empty. It is basically going to be greenery with tropical colored flowers in 3 different spots. When I find the pic I will post it.

Also, I found another thread on the next page regarding arches and it had a bunch of pics.

#22 foxytv

• VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 01:00 AM

MelissaH -- your backdrop is simple, eyt perfect. A table with flowers would be fine I would think for you Carly.

#23 boscobel

• VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:18 AM

Yeah, I decided to forfiet the arches. I think I will do a petal aisle and a sand ceremony table, that's all. I reallllllllly love the look of the arches, but I just can't justify that expense when there are so many other things that I want to do!

#24 Sunsierra

• 226 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:40 AM

Here's a picture of our setup:

Click the image to open in full size.

Not sure if your resort has this option, and I didn't think I'd like it, but after seeing it in person, I really like how the palapas frame the setup.
          Stacy & Joel
          Gran Bahia Principe, Mexico
          January 9, 2008MARRIED!!!!Our Review Our Pictures

#25 boscobel

• VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:45 AM

Oh, I love that! Not sure if they have it in Jamaica, but I am saving your pic, thanks!

#26 Janet

• VIP Member
            • 7,459 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:07 PM

No arch, or anything at all, for us. We just wanted it simple with a great ocean view.

#27 Saraha

• 2,597 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:21 PM

I am having the EXACT same issue. I really wanted a pretty chuppa with white line linens, then I got the quote and about had a heart attack. So I need some serious inspiration too....

#28 michelle08

• VIP Member
                • 2,702 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:31 PM

We are not getting married in the sand but rather on the grass overlooking the sand and the water and I refused to pay for the arch because i'm el cheapo! :)

So this is what we are doing instead...2 large flower arrangements at the front of the chairs by us to set the "alter" with the table off to the side for the sand ceremony and thats it....$100 for each arrangement was much cheaper than the the arch.

#29 chonda25

• 32 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:41 PM

I know what you mean. I am getting married in Maui (i think) and they all are public beaches but Maui beaches need permits to set anything like arches or chairs. My WC suggested for a ring of flowers and I wouldn't get charged for the permit, but I am so set on having a arch that I said i rather pay $.. but You could do that. It's pretty

#30 Alesha4

• 86 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:15 PM

I really like the idea of no arch. I like the scenic view of the ocean and its FREE!

I just don't feel the $$ they are asking for is worth the look of the arches. I find most of them ugly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users