becks

VIP

• VIP Member
  • 4,881 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:26 AM

Congratulations, and welcome! There's tons of info here, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#12 Copita

Copita
  • 979 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:42 AM

Congrats, Victoria!
    Belize sounds so romantic! I have never been but have always wanted to!
    I spent a lot of time cruising the net & books for 'destination dresses' and didn't find mine til I went to a boutique and saw The One. It is not a destination dress but I fell In Love with it and just knew right away!
    So don't give up! My suggestion is to go to a couple boutiques & try your luck there.
    :)

#13 monicaswave

monicaswave
    • 450 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:01 PM

Welcome Victoria!

Can I ask where in Belize are you getting married. Belize was a destiantion I looked into so I am curious to see what location is hosting your wedding. I am sure it will be lovely.

#14 fulleredge

fulleredge
      • 143 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:36 PM

Welcome Victoria!!

Belize sounds just amazing!!!
        Erin Fuller
        Fuller Edge Photography
        BLOG: Website
        EMAIL: erin@fulleredge.com
        International wedding coverage! We bring fashion-magazine style edginess to wedding photography!

#15 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
        • 5,681 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:23 PM

to the forum!! Good luck with your planning!

#16 victoriah

victoriah
          • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:14 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by monicaswave
            Welcome Victoria!

Can I ask where in Belize are you getting married. Belize was a destiantion I looked into so I am curious to see what location is hosting your wedding. I am sure it will be lovely.
            On Ambergris Caye at Pelican Reef Villas

#17 victoriah

victoriah
            • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:20 AM

Thank you all for replying. It's really nice to see such kind people willing to respond and offer advice. I really appreciate the welcome!

I plan on going to some bridal shops tomorrow and I'll post a pic of the dress when I find it.

Don't laugh but this will be my fourth (and final!) wedding. haha I have FINALLY found "the one".

The hard thing is that I'm 37, 5'4 and weigh 97 lbs. I'm hoping to gain 20 lbs by April but I seriously doubt that will happen. That being said, it only makes the wedding dress shopping that much harder. We're already spending sooo much on the trip and since it is my 4th wedding I don't want to spend tons of money on the dress but I also want to find one that won't make me look so thin. I guess the best way is to go out into the bridal shops and let the experts help decide which style will look best on me.

Anyway, after all of that unimportant rambling, thanks again for the info!

#18 jillhiggins

jillhiggins
              • Banned
              • 386 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 10:14 AM

Good luck finding your dress! :)

I know of a couple of people that got a really pretty dress from J Crew...it was inexpensive and beach appropriate.

I have been to Belize a lot and have photographed a few weddings there, so don't hesistate to ask me if you have any questions. (No worries - I'm not trying to get a photography job - lol)!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users