Photo

Fee's, Fee's & More Fee's

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 KarmaB

KarmaB
  • 796 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:41 PM

I was just wondering if other resorts charged fee's for everything!

I choose my resort (Royal Plantation) back when I thought it was only going to be Steve & I, because it was so small and private. But then when we told people we were getting married everyone wanted to come. I did not want to change my wedding location because I love the RP.

But now I'm looking at at least $150 PP for our reception & dinner, plus $420 for set up fee's, plus another $420 for chef/butlers.

Is this normal? I don't want to go off site for my reception, so I guess I just have to suck it up. It would make me feel better though to know I'm not the only one! :-) lol.

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:44 PM

That seems like an extremely large pp fee for the reception meal. It is $75/pp at Beaches if I choose to do it, which I think is too much since it's an AI resort. But I am coming upon more and more fees for things that I thought were included. I know that some girls are using Evita's in Ocho Rios b/c her prices were right.

#3 sohappy

sohappy
      • 260 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:50 PM

I think most resorts have some sort of these add-on fees.

Have you try negotiating? I got a wedding package and whatever was not listed I have to pay extra, but to give you an example I have to pay $40 if I want rose petals for the beach ceremony but I found out if I don't use roses I can get other petals for free.

If you have more people coming then I'm assuming more rooms will be book so hopefully thats a card to play with.

Also try asking whats the alternative for certain services.

#4 KarmaB

KarmaB
        • 796 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:06 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by carly
          That seems like an extremely large pp fee for the reception meal. It is $75/pp at Beaches if I choose to do it, which I think is too much since it's an AI resort. But I am coming upon more and more fees for things that I thought were included. I know that some girls are using Evita's in Ocho Rios b/c her prices were right.

Yes, I agree $150pp is a lot. The funny part is that the prices went up recently to $180pp, so she is giving me the $150pp price IF I pay it all now! We are going to Evita's for our "rehearsal" dinner the night before so I wanted something different.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by sohappy
          I think most resorts have some sort of these add-on fees.

Have you try negotiating? I got a wedding package and whatever was not listed I have to pay extra, but to give you an example I have to pay $40 if I want rose petals for the beach ceremony but I found out if I don't use roses I can get other petals for free.

If you have more people coming then I'm assuming more rooms will be book so hopefully thats a card to play with.

Also try asking whats the alternative for certain services.
          The only alternative to paying the fee's is to just have a normal dinner at one of the restaurant's. But I really want it to be private and to have decorations! Like a real reception.

The bad thing is none of our guests are staying at our hotel. It's a little more pricey then other places and no one else can really afford it.

#5 juanslake

juanslake
          • 111 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:18 PM

I priced RP before I made the final decision ROR. I did find there prices to be a little steep. Not to mention the fact that most of my guests could not afford the RP accomodations. So I weighed that against the price I would have to pay for outside guests to attend. That made RP unreasonable for our budget. I agree it is a beautiful place to get married but not if it puts you in huge debt.

#6 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:18 PM

Wow those are definitely some hefty fees. I would certainly try to negotiate.

#7 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,504 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:21 PM

That is really high! At Couples, the private dinners start at $35pp! I don't know where you are in your planning, but could you possibly stay at a cheaper or AI resort for the wedding then move to RP for your honeymoon?

#8 KarmaB

KarmaB
                • 796 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:34 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JamaicaBride062108
                  That is really high! At Couples, the private dinners start at $35pp! I don't know where you are in your planning, but could you possibly stay at a cheaper or AI resort for the wedding then move to RP for your honeymoon?
                  LOL..pretty far in the process. I already have my printed invitations that already say Royal Plantation.

I thought it was a lot, too. I knew the actual hotel was more expensive then some, but I hate that the price of the wedding keeps adding up. I talked to Steve about it now and he said that we are just going to have to pay it and suck it up.

If you guys think these fee's are a lot don't even ask how much they wanted for flowers! (Yikes)

#9 juanslake

juanslake
                  • 111 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:46 PM

I've been to Jamaica before and have seen the RP. It is very pretty so I'm sure it will be worth the price.

#10 luv2love

luv2love
                    • 260 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:52 PM

Have you tried customizing a menu with your wc? Sometimes in Jamaica it works best if you say "I have ____ amount of dollars to spend, what can I get for that?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users