Undecided newbie! But loving Las Caletas in Puerto Vallarta!

Pazoop

Yep LC=Las Caletas. We talk about it a lot so I guess we REALLY needed an acronym. There is a thread that talks about the forums acronyms if you need help. Some still throw me for a loop. :)

And yes, I'm so excited. Over a year of planning. I'm kind of sick of the planning and just want to teleport to LC right now!! Don't be afraid to join us on the LC thread. Feel free to ask as many questions as you would like. You might help us learn a thing or two!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazoop View Post
Wow! Thanks for such a warm welcome!

Ann - Your slide show photos and video are incredible! Thank you so much for sharing them.

Rachel - I see that your wedding date at Las Caletas (LC? - I'm still getting used to writing in acronyms...) is coming up really fast....you must be so excited!!! smile29.gif

Well...as I said in my intro post...

1. I still have some decisions/planning/convincing to do but I think my mind and my heart just know THIS IS THE PLACE! The same way people say you'll just know the dress when you put it on...(I found my dress so I know that feeling!)
AND
2. Even though I love it I still have tons of questions about the LC packages that people have arranged. It's hard to get a sense of what the set up would look like with only the things included in the base price, and I'm trying to get an idea of budget, etc. (One thing I do know for CERTAIN is that my FI will want the fire dancers...he'll be SO EXCITED when I show him!)

You're very welcome - I have to admit, I love them too!

I didn't see LC until my wedding day - nor did my hubby. And I'm glad we did it that way - it was more special, in a way. It was just that much more magical. Though Jamy (starchild) who will be sure to make an appearance here tonight is another LC bride, and she's been there multiple times - and knew she wanted to get married there.

As for extras ... we had none really. We did do the fire dancers (great choice!), and I guess we changed up the chuppa from the standard palm leave one. But I think that was about it - no extra flowers, no special table linens, etc. LC is just a natural beauty!

Hi Julia, I'm Jamy...and I'm a little late (sorry!). I got married there last June a few days before Ann. YES get married at Las Caletas, you won't regret it and believe me when I say your guests will be amazed - and they won't know how little it cost you compared to what many resorts charge (and LC offers more than they can IMO).

Anyhoo, I see you've met Ann, Rachel, and Yari. There are more of us and we all are in love with the place. Break your FI's thumbs if you have to (lol) but you probably won't have to. In a nutshell, the thing that makes LC unique is privacy. An outdoor wedding anywhere is subject to onlookers, and on a tropical beach you have the sunbathers and partying vacation goers. At LC you have yourselves, your guests, and the staff that is there to cater to you. That's it. Nobody can get in the way of your intimate event. And then there is the party boat coming and going...

I could write a book but check out the LC thread again and please feel free to post there and ask any questions you have. Congrats on your engagement :o)

Holy - I'm so late on this one - WELCOME!!! I was married at LC on February 14th last year - (6 more sleeps 'til our 1 year anniversary!!)

I have been to PV 6 times in the past 5 years, and I've been to LC 4 or 5 times as well. As soon as I found out they did weddings there, I knew we just HAD to get married there! It was the best decision we could have ever made! The WC's are AMAZING, and it is so beautiful there!

Feel free to ask as many questions as you need to convince your FH on PV/LC!!!!!

Lindsay

Hi and Welcome!! I also started out looking in the RM, but switched to PV because of the GORGEOUS scenery - mountains, palm trees, ocean, etc. The jungle filled mountains are my absolute favorite part of PV. You will love it there.

We recently went on a site visit to PV not expecting to decide on LC at all. However, after a day there with the Wedding Coordinator we were pretty much sold. It is truly spectacular and unique.

Again, welcome to the forum and happy planning!