Photo

Undecided newbie! But loving Las Caletas in Puerto Vallarta!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Pazoop

Pazoop
  • 223 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:14 PM

Hello everyone! First of all, please let me say that I cannot tell you how happy I am to have found this forum. I live in Toronto, Canada and have been engaged for two months now. I'm planning my DW for January 29, 2009 and expect approx 60 guests to be coming from Toronto, New York, Michigan, and California. The initial planning has been overwhelming and finding this forum has been a miracle!!! THANK YOU!

The original plan in December was to have our DW in the Riviera Maya...I grew up on the East coast in the States and loved the white sandy Caribbean beaches...BUT after lurking on the Puerto Vallarta boards here for the last two weeks (I know lurking and not posting isn't nice, I'm sorry) I think my mind has been changed....

I HAVE TOTALLY FALLEN IN LOVE WITH LAS CALETAS!!!...it is absolutely INCREDIBLE! It's like someone took the dream image I've had of my DW and brought it to life. I've looked at the beatiful slide shows and photographs that the generous, wonderful ladies on this site have posted and have just continued to fall harder for the location.

I have many questions, know absolutely NOTHING about the surrounding area of PV, and am not certain if my fiance will go for the change in location, but I hope that others can help me out in this area.

Feel free to ask me questions if I've forgotten to provide more information. This is the first occassion EVER that I've had to become part of an online community so it's totally new to me. Thank you.

Las Caletas Wedding and TTD Slideshow
    Photos by the awesome Nathaniel Thompson

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:16 PM

Welcome, Pazoop (what's your name? - that's my first question! lol)! I was married at Caletas this past June - and you can't go wrong. Please take a look at all the Caletas threads on here - and let us know how we can help! I'm adding you to the list of [potential] Caletas couples!

Congrats on your engagement!

#3 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:17 PM

oh, FYI - if you haven't seen or read them already - i have a few links in my suggy that might be helpful.

#4 Pazoop

Pazoop
        • 223 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:18 PM

Oh, sorry! -- My name is Julia...I forgot that I used an IM name as my user name.

#5 Spazz

Spazz
          • VIP Member
          • 10,482 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:18 PM

to the forum! To be honest, I had never heard of Las Caletas until I joined here. I agree, it does look beautiful. All of the LC brides have been thrilled with their choice. Happy planning!

#6 jajajaja

jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:20 PM

Yay welcome! I'm glad that you have found useful information on LC. As for not knowing much about PV, no worries. I have only been there once and my fiance has never been. There is so much information here I feel like I could sail my way blind to my resort. The internet in general is such a powerful tool. You should be able to learn lots!

Good luck! And happy planning.
              Happily married since 2008

#7 lucy106

lucy106
              • 2,880 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:27 PM

Congratulations! We are glad you found us! This forum is such a blessing in so many ways!! Happy planning!

#8 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 9,504 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:11 PM

Welcome to the forum!

#9 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
                  • 2,302 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:54 PM

to the forum!

Happy Planning
                    2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#10 Pazoop

Pazoop
                    • 223 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 07:37 PM

Wow! Thanks for such a warm welcome!

Ann - Your slide show photos and video are incredible! Thank you so much for sharing them.

Rachel - I see that your wedding date at Las Caletas (LC? - I'm still getting used to writing in acronyms...) is coming up really fast....you must be so excited!!!

Well...as I said in my intro post...

1. I still have some decisions/planning/convincing to do but I think my mind and my heart just know THIS IS THE PLACE! The same way people say you'll just know the dress when you put it on...(I found my dress so I know that feeling!)
                      AND
                      2. Even though I love it I still have tons of questions about the LC packages that people have arranged. It's hard to get a sense of what the set up would look like with only the things included in the base price, and I'm trying to get an idea of budget, etc. (One thing I do know for CERTAIN is that my FI will want the fire dancers...he'll be SO EXCITED when I show him!)

Anyway, once I know more about my specific questions I will start a separate post in the PV thread. Just wanted to say THANKS AGAIN AND AGAIN for the support. I'm the only person I know doing a DW so it's nice to have some connections now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users