I got laid off

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 12,193 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:13 PM

Sorry to hear that. I hope you find something else that you love even more!

#22 Leia78

• VIP Member
    • 2,459 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:18 PM

Oh Kate, I'm sorry to here the bad news. I hope you find a job...that you like....fast.
      CareerBuilder.com Jobs - The Largest Job Search, Employment & Careers Site is a pretty good site.

#23 Leia78

• VIP Member
      • 2,459 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:21 PM

double post

#24 CarrieRN

• 815 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:23 PM

Good luck with your job hunt. I hope you find something quickly.
          Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
          Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

#25 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:24 PM

kate that really sucks!! I hate job hunting!!

if you haven't already try indeed.com, they pull job postings from tons of different sites, so it saves you time searching all the different boards. I always see lots of marketing jobs.

Good Luck!

#26 Karen

• 1,308 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:30 PM

Katie, I sorry to hear about this but hopefully this is a blessing in disguise! Good Luck!
              <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#27 Gretchen

• Banned
              • 416 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:34 PM

Good luck on the job hunt Kate! Looking for a job can be stressful. Try to stay positive and take this opportunity to find the job that YOU want rather than just "another job". Best wishes!
                Gretchen "GiGi"

#28 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
                • 25,218 posts
                • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                • LocationSeattle

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:36 PM

That sucks Kate, but it sounds like you guys are good planners with your finances, that is awesome. Thats always the scariest part. When Doug got laid off from Alaska 3 years ago we were freaked out because he had just gone part time the week before so he could do more school stuff with the kids that spring. Then his whole work group (472 people!) got laid off and Doug got stuck with part-time unemployment. We had it tight for a while until he got called back to Boeing.
                But it sounds like you are in a better place than we were. Keep your chin up and something fun will come along. Let us know what happens!

#29 Amy&Andy

• VIP Member
                • 3,405 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:39 PM

Big Bummer! I'm sure you will find something very soon though. Marketing is a good place to be! I work for Coldwell Banker as their Director of Marketing and I can tell you there is a great need for marketing professionals in the Real Estate industry. It isn't a place most people think to look with marketing degrees. You may want to check out the big name Real Estate companies in your area. Just a thought! Enjoy a few days off to relax then get down to that job search!

#30 StephanieMN

• 1,798 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:43 PM

I am sorry to hear that. Good luck in your search!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users