Photo

Starfish Invitations

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 VALERIE

VALERIE
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 03:12 PM

I received a great response when I posted on another thread, so I wanted to follow up with you all and let you know how my invitations turned out!

If you recall, this was the inspiration for the invites (and also another way to make them). FYI - She was charging just over $8 per invite!

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

#2 VALERIE

VALERIE
    • 97 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 03:27 PM

Ok. I need to apologize! I can't get my photos sized down enough to post. Let me work on it for a few minutes, and I'll try to get them sized! Ugh!

#3 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 06:11 PM

Valerie - which ones are yours, or are these all of the inspirations? Can't wait to see yours - I love these!

#4 VALERIE

VALERIE
        • 97 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 07:58 PM

Sorry! Let's try this again!

Here is what mine ended up looking like!

Click the image to open in full size.

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 08:00 PM

Those look awesome - now you're going to have to post HOW you made them! What kind of paper did you use, and where did you get it? What about the ribbon - what kind of fabric is that? Detials!

Good work! You've got to be proud of the outcome. I would be!

#6 -Kate-

-Kate-
            • VIP Member
            • 7,676 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 08:05 PM

Those look even better than the inspiration. Good work!

#7 VALERIE

VALERIE
              • 97 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 08:14 PM

I had to purchase the following to make them -

(1) Paper - I used Discount Wedding Invitations, Vellum Paper, Vellum Envelopes, Card Stock Source - Paperandmore.com and paid right around $16 per pack, which has 100 sheets. I was able to get 2 invitations per sheet of the orange, 2 invitations per sheet of the brown, and 3 invitations on the white. Plus inserts, of course.

(2) Paper Crimper - You can find these at craft stores. It gives the wavy/beachy feel to the cards. I found mine on ebay for right around $20.

(3) Ribbon - I found this ribbon on ebay (Elton Bridal). It was $3.29 for 10 yards. It's called Natural Sinamay Ribbon, and you can choose your width.

(4) Starfish - Package of 500 for $11.95 from Party supplies, crafts, party decorations, toys: Oriental Trading

(5) Printing costs (I printed myself)

(6) Glue! :) I used glue sticks for the paper and tacky craft glue to secure the starfish.

(7) Envelopes - I found greeting card size envelopes from Staples. You just need to find the size that will fit a 1/2 sheet of paper. I can't remember for sure, but I think they were around $12 for 100 envelopes.

(8 Stamps, of course!

(9) and I already had a paper cutter (found at all craft stores)

Let me know if anyone needs further instruction or has questions!!! I have all the sizes that I used, but you could sure change it up to fit what you like!

#8 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 08:16 PM

VERY much appreciated, Valerie - thanks!

#9 SASSYGIRL

SASSYGIRL
                  • 1,188 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 08:21 PM

These are very cute and sounds like you got the look you were going for with out the HUGE price tag! Way to go Valarie!
                    Sarah's little girl-Isabella Nicole-10/31/08
                    http://i83.photobuck....sabella034.jpg

#10 VALERIE

VALERIE
                    • 97 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 08:44 PM

Thanks! I love them!!! I hope that others can get some ideas and know how much money you can save!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users