• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#61 Yari

Yari
  • VIP Member
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:07 PM

I am so lame...

I have a meeting w/Nordstrom spa today and I have their menu printed out in front of me. Lo and behold, they offer eyelash extensions. It is pricey though, it cost $200 for the first time and then $50 for a fill. Yowza,,,

#62 JennyK

JennyK
    • 3,502 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:12 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Yari
      I am so lame...

I have a meeting w/Nordstrom spa today and I have their menu printed out in front of me. Lo and behold, they offer eyelash extensions. It is pricey though, it cost $200 for the first time and then $50 for a fill. Yowza,,,
      One thing about them is that they do look real and really nice.. for me, I'd rather buy that conditioner to make them grow more.

#63 lhc007

lhc007
      • 28 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:08 PM

I use Ardel lashes on the brides I do make-up for - they are inexpensive and look very natural. You can purchase from most drug stores - look out for their pink and black packaging. They also stock individual lashes.
        For lasting wear - buy the DUO surgical adhesive from MAC. It enables all day wear compared to the glues supplied with the lashes.
        FYI - Use in small amounts and make sure you let it dry a little before applying onto the eye.
        Create with Passion

#64 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
        • 668 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:35 AM

I wear eyelashes for dance competitions all the time, and have bought the Mac ones / at Sephora and then also the cheap 105 lashes at CVS / drug stores. To be honest the cheap ones are better, I find that they are shorter and they look more natural.

#65 ChristinaH

ChristinaH
          • 178 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 12:33 PM

Ironically, I just stumbled across this thread today, when yesterday I just purchased a pair of fake eyelashes at Ulta. They're actually made of human hair and looked better than ones by Revlon. I can't remember the brand as of now though, but they looked really natural and full. Of course, had to buy glue to go along with it. I, too, considered the extensions but thought I'd try the fake ones first as a cheap alternative. However, I may take the suggestion to get the Mac lashes.

Another suggestion for those of you obsessed with eyelashes (like myself), is to have your eyelashes tinted. I used to do this all the time - and not only is it nice if you don't want to wear mascara, you can put mascara on top of it and make a much more dramatic look. Which I may try the tinting in addition to the fake lashes.

#66 jajajaja

jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:08 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by lhc007
              I use Ardel lashes on the brides I do make-up for - they are inexpensive and look very natural. You can purchase from most drug stores - look out for their pink and black packaging. They also stock individual lashes.
              I wore these this past weekend for our party. I never realized they used "real human hair" until I read the package. I used some very obvious fake ones- that was the look I wanted, but my sister who has never used fake lashes before wore the more subtle ones. I think I may do those for my wedding. Cheap and they weren't too obvious.

Although I will never buy the black glue again. I got it all over my eyelid and it does not come off easy!
              Happily married since 2008

#67 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
              • 668 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:29 PM

I Love black glue if you can put them on straight the first time without smudging, it looks like you have eyeliner on also!

#68 Melba

Melba
                • 132 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:59 AM

If you don't use black glue can you still put regular eyeliner over the clear/white glue? Or does it look weird?

#69 lhc007

lhc007
                  • 28 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 11:28 AM

Yes, you definately can - be sure though that the glue is completely dry and that you have revomed any excess that may have dried on the lid. It's best to use a liquid eye liner or stick to black shadow to hide the lash tracks and give a "pow" factor!
                    Create with Passion

#70 loveangel0610

loveangel0610
                    • 272 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 12:50 PM

I love fake eyelashes and I wear them every chance I get. I'm a DIY girl and I love doing my own make up and eyelashes. It took me a little while to master putting on eyelashes but I have so much fun with it. From past experience I learned that eyeliner is definitely helpful. I usually put a thin line on before I glue the lashes on and then use some afterwards to cover the glue. I also like to use mascara afterwards to blend the fake lashes with my real ones. I posted a few pics so you can see. Warning I like long dramatic lashes and sorry if the pics are big.

Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users