Sign in to follow this  
jajajaja

Eyelash Extensions *post ALL info here*

The best investment I made (besides in my new husband!) were my eyelash extensions! I am one who usually doesn't wear a whole lot of make-up, but I was so excited for my eyelashes! I looked fabulous at all times - in the water and out. No mascara running, just naturally amazing at all times. Everyone was commenting on them the whole week of my wedding! I thought about keeping it a secret, but I had to tell everyone to try them out for themselves.

I got them in NYC at JJ Eyelashes http://jjeyelashes.com/. I had a Yelp coupon for 50% off. I got the longest ones you could get, and fanned them out at the edges. They did a great job. I highly recommend getting eyelash extensions instead of using prescriptions (Latisse), wearing fake ones just the day of, or wearing tons of mascara that may end up oozing down your face by the end of a swim or, worse, your wedding day!

I'm debating on Latisse vs eyelash extensions so thanks for the input! Why would you not recommend Latisse? Also, do you have any pictures you can post?

Originally Posted by orange_peel View Post

The best investment I made (besides in my new husband!) were my eyelash extensions! I am one who usually doesn't wear a whole lot of make-up, but I was so excited for my eyelashes! I looked fabulous at all times - in the water and out. No mascara running, just naturally amazing at all times. Everyone was commenting on them the whole week of my wedding! I thought about keeping it a secret, but I had to tell everyone to try them out for themselves.

I got them in NYC at JJ Eyelashes http://jjeyelashes.com/. I had a Yelp coupon for 50% off. I got the longest ones you could get, and fanned them out at the edges. They did a great job. I highly recommend getting eyelash extensions instead of using prescriptions (Latisse), wearing fake ones just the day of, or wearing tons of mascara that may end up oozing down your face by the end of a swim or, worse, your wedding day!

I went to JJ Eyelashes a few months ago! I love them!  I got the most dramatic ones to try out and they actually lasted a good 6 weeks.  I had some stragglers for a good month which looked a little weird (I didn't touch up).  They really did look great and I'm debating on doing them again for the wedding.  The only problem with the extensions is that they are not quite as dramatic as fake eyelashes and they are much more expensive.

For the wedding, did you add anything extra (mascara or more fake lashes)?  Would you be willing to share pictures of your eye makeup on your wedding day?  I'm curious as how the lashes show up in photos.  

Originally Posted by orange_peel View Post

I'm having them put on. I want them to last the entire trip. The place I go to has 2 types 1 that lasts 1-2 weeks for $35 and 1 that lasts 4 weeks for $70.

I tried the $35 ones and they looked good but they are not each individual, they are glued on in little bunches of 5 so the glue felt thick and I kept playing with them, looking, even close though you couldnt tell. For the wedding I want the singles so I have no worries.

Anyone have experience with hair extensions? Ive used the clip ons in the past but want the ones that stay in, just like the eyelashes

Michelle

So since my previous post, I have become a lash girl for sure. It gives my little almond eyes the extra pop I need. Here's the problem - singles or clusters. The thing with individual lashes is that they are placed one to one on top of the lash. It's great and all, but actually doesn't give me as much pop as I want. With the clusters, I get a TON of pop! It depends on how "natural" you want your lashes to look. I have no problem with my lashes looking slightly "fake" in person because I want them to look good in pictures! Those last forever lol

Decisions, decisions...! :)

I'm also a huge fan of eyelash extensions (mine were from JJ in NYC as well)

My bachelorette party was on a lake, so I figured boating, swimming and various water antics were the best place to test them out - and they worked amazingly.  I was nervous they'd look weird, fall off, pull my eyelashes out, etc - nada.

My closest friends and sisters asked what mascara I was wearing and didn't believe me at first that they were fake.  I figured if they couldn't tell, well, nobody will.  It was a bit odd when they started falling out a few weeks after that though - but not enough to keep me from doing them for our wedding.  They stayed in place for 3 days of fun + another 2 weeks - so they should be good enough for the 2 weeks we'll be in Mexico.

I'm so excited that I found a thread about this on BDW!  A few weeks ago when I had my engagement session I went to MAC to have my makeup done, and to my hair salon to have my hair done.  I was trying to stock up on tips for my upcoming wedding, especially my TTD for which I'll likely be doing my own makeup.  I was most nervous about my eyelashes - I didn't want to wear false ones and have them fall off half way through the TTD (which the woman at MAC said they likely would) nor did I want to go the day with just my plain boring lashes!

So I found out about Butterfly Lash Extension and think it will likely be the perfect solution!  They are individually glued lashes all applied to your existing lashes as dramatic as you choose!  They are super pricey, but I think they'll be worth it!  That way I won't have to worry about mascara and running for my entire week away, and at least 5 weeks thereafter!  What could be better!  I do have a question, however.  They say that you absolutely don't need mascara, but they sell one that can be used for special occasions.  Has anyone tried this?  I just wouldn't want it to ruin my lashes and have to worry about cleaning it off after!

Wow this is such a neat thread, exactly what I was looking for. So which ones are better from MAC or JJ?