OOT... What did your guests really use?

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#21 Bride010101

• 1,547 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by luv2love
    Great suggestions!
    I am giving each guest a beach towel ($4 from textileshop), because I know last time I went on vacation I only brought one and wished i had brought another (one to lie on and one to dry with). Plus it takes up lots of space in the bag so it doesn't look empty! Still haven't finalized what else is going in the bag.
    Can someone reccommend a good place to buy the insulated mugs?

I know a lot of girls on here have you used discountmugs.com and have been fairly happy with them. A local screen-print shop is thinking about matching the prices from the site... but we will see if it happens. I called around to different places in my area and got a variety of quotes.

#22 Spazz

• VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by BarefootBride
      Stormsong, I really like your idea of making a puzzle book! Thats really neat!

Now will someone please tell me to stop buying crap for my OOT bags

I got one of my bags from LLBean back (I am getting them monogramed) and it was bigger than I expected!! Click the image to open in full size.
      First Aide supplies Minimus - For All Your Travel Size Item Needs
      Mesquito Repellent Wipes by L'occtaine en Provence
      Atomic Travel Clock
      Pen and Notepad
      Mini Lip Balma and Mini Sunscreen
      Soduku Puzzle book
      Playing Cards
      Sandlewood Fan
      And a few snacks...
      Is that really enough?
      I think that's definitely enough!
      I bought tissue paper tonight at Dollar Tree to stuff my OOT bags, so they don't look skimpy.

#23 kr3611

• 127 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 12:05 AM

Great ideas! Thanks

#24 2bmosley

• 61 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:20 AM

I Am Looking For Hand Towels (good Price) To Be Monogrammed?

#25 jean-marcus

• 1,565 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:40 AM

i think the most useful thing is sun screen and the most used and fun thing is a disposable underwater camera (even though these arent the best quality photos they are a lot of fun and convenient for beach adventures)

#26 Nic Dragomire

Nic Dragomire
            • 530 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:45 AM

Hey Becky,

what about dropping something in the bag that is specific to your destination location. So since you are in Jamaica, why not something rasta, rasta colors or reggae?

#27 shannon

• 772 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:46 AM

This is a great thread- just making sure I'm on track with my buying- I think I need to add mugs-- since we are getting married at an AI--- the guests can take their mugs up to the bars and get them filled- is this right?!?

#28 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by naga0066
                IThen things like sunscreen and flip-flops I could see being good additions if I decide to distribute the bag ahead of time... but if I wait until we get there, won't most people already have packed those items on their own?

So I guess what I'm asking is... for those of you have recieved an OOT bag or already given them to your guests... What items were popular and used with your guests? What items do you wish you hadn't bought?
                you can never have too much sunscreen...it is very expensive to buy in the resort.

everyone loved our t-shirts...they all wore them and so we knew who was part of the wedding.

all the stomach meds

hats for the boys when they went deepsea fishing...we bought them for super cheap in vietnam...like $1.25 each for those tan canvas wide brim hats

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
                Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#29 anaderoux

• 3,220 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:15 AM

I asked some of my friends and they loved the playing cards, bottled water and the note pad..

I also put kleenex in there.. ($1 for 6 packs from dollar tree) and one of my friends was crying trough all the ceremony and first dance and used all of my friends' kleenex jhahahah

#30 Yari

• VIP Member
                  • 10,928 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:21 AM

I really like the t-shirt idea...hmmm. I am going to add it to my list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users