Has anyone gotten married on Isla Mujeres??

Isla Mujeres looks so beautiful...and is EXACTLY what I want (on the surface) but - has anyone gotten married there? If so if you have any advice/suggestions/information that you can share I would greatly appreciate it!! smile159.gif

i am going to Isla Mujeres for my honeymoon in June. We are actually getting married in the Riviera Maya and then going to the island to finish off our trip. Doesn't it look awesome? Not too sure about weddings there but I can tell you that a wonderful resource for info would be IslaMujeres.info - Your Guide to Isla Mujeres Mexico

There is a chatter board and people are asking/answering questions on it constantly. just start a new thread asking about weddings and i am sure you will hear back immediately with quite a few opinions. and if you go, i hear you must try the "ballpark tacos!"

Hi Jujigirl, Although we ultimately decided to marry in RM, I seriously considered Isla b/c I love that island! I found a very responsive wedding coordinator on the island by the name of Juliette Franze. I totally would have gone thru her had we decided to have it there. Check out her website Papillon Weddings & Events - Isla Mujeres Mexico. She was pretty reasonable too. Happy planning!

Susan

we are staying at the isla palace resort for our honeymoon. it is the new all-inclusive resort on the island...there are only two all-inclusives there. i have heard great things about it....i know they do weddings, and for pretty cheap i have heard. they have a wedding planner there at the resort i think if you are interested. the only thing i am wondering about is whether we should have gone all inclusive at isla or not...it seems like such a fun place to run around that maybe we should have branched out and tried one of the local hotels instead. but if i had decided to get married there i would have definately gone with the palace resort just because i think it is so much easier to have everything there in one place for you and a planner that is familiar with the hotel. the other upside is because it is new, i have heard there are only like four guests staying there at a time and the staff is totally catering to their needs...fixing them meals especially for them and waiting on them hand and foot. you might want to look into it!

We aren't getting married there (wanted to be on the mainland so it would be easy to take day trips to all the places we wanted to go!), but I did a lot of research before deciding. I've heard nothing but raves about Papillon, and these folks seem to do some great stuff, too: Weddings Isla Mujeres

As for settings, we weren't looking all inclusive, so I can't help you there. But I think, far and away, my first choice for the ceremony and party would have been Na Balam. I'd definitely check it out: Everything about the place just seems elegant and beautiful.

• 5 months later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujigirl View Post
Isla Mujeres looks so beautiful...and is EXACTLY what I want (on the surface) but - has anyone gotten married there? If so if you have any advice/suggestions/information that you can share I would greatly appreciate it!! smile159.gif
Here is a link to someone on this forum who got married on Isla Mujeres: http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t15030

i considered Na Balam but decided against so we wouldn't have to take the ferry to get to the all the activities that our guests would like to do.