Photo

No ring bearer

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:37 PM

Hi ladies....Ive run into a dilemna, I have NO RING BEARER. It seems everyone is coming to the wedding w/o their kids, we asked one set of parents but they definitely said they were planning on leaving their son and the other parent we asked, gave us an unsure answer and I honestly don't feel he will come through for us. I want to ask my goddaughter (who is 9) to be a junior bridesmaid, will it be too strange to have her carry our rings?? Any suggestions?? Thx

#2 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:40 PM

you dont need a ring bearer at all... im not having one! my FI will carry my ring in his coat pocket and my MOH will hold my FIs ring.

#3 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:43 PM

there are no rules - do what you want!

we had 4 flower girls, 2 of them carried the rings. it's your wedding - make it be what you want!

#4 lucy106

lucy106
      • 2,880 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:45 PM

We arent doing a ring bearer thing either. I figure either my FI BM or my FI can carry the rings. Its your wedding...do as you please!

#5 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
        • 1,830 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 04:09 PM

Thanks ladies...I'm so used to thinking "traditionally"...but you are right, this is my day and I should do as I please. :)

#6 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 04:11 PM

I had a very small wedding and didn't have a ring bearer either. What we did is have my FMIL present us with our rings.

#7 happygilmore

happygilmore
            • 576 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:09 PM

Oh, I really like TammyB's idea of having the families present the rings! Thanks for mentioning that!

#8 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
              • 4,881 posts
              • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
              • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
              • LocationNew York

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:17 PM

Oooh. I like having family have the rings! We aren't having a ring bearer, either... but that is a great idea.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#9 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
              • 1,260 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:19 PM

I wouldn't worry about, I think the ring bearer is ussually in "name only". I thought the best man always had both rings, at least thats the way I have seen it done at all the weddings i have been too. The ring bearer sometimes has fake rings tied to his pillow. I wouldn't trust a 6 year old boy with a diamond ring in the wind and sand anyway!!! Like everyone else said, it's your day do whatever you think will be most memorable and meaningful to the 2 of you.
                See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#10 dragonfly

dragonfly
                • 1,820 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:22 PM

Do what ever you want, I had my 5 year old son Liam and I still didn't use him as a ring bearer, lost rings in the sand ahhh I don't think so! Liam carried a bucket full of rose petals, yes he wanted to be our flower boy, so our flower boy he was. Everton just carried our rings himself. Good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users