Newbie Hilton or Villa or ?? Decisions!?!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 gkashmira

• 1,962 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:35 PM

I do not think $10k is feasible for 40-60 people at the Hilton. That $100pp is JUST food (there's a 10% tax and an additional 15% service fee) and that's basically one of the cheaper menus as well and no apps!

BUT there are tons of other great places that are more affordable. What about an AI like Dreams, Cabo Real, RUI?
    Kashmira & Dan
    Happily married since June 16, 2007
    Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
    Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#12 jamisoncollette

• 1,257 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 05:46 PM

Welcome Susan!

#13 Cabo OR Bust

Cabo OR Bust
      • 89 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:32 PM

After setting a date with Hilton, FI looked at prices and asked me to get quotes from Dreams Los Cabos.

UGH! I feel like I've taken 3 steps back due to budget...I wish it were easier but i guess it's part of the planning. I think after reading the thread that Dreams would be more suitable for my budget...apprx. 40-50 ppl, stay at 10k (if possible), 15k max. Do you think that's possible?

#14 Saraha

• 2,597 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:33 PM

Welcome to the forum, everything can be crazy overwhelming at first, Once you pick a place things should be a little more under control haha or atleast thats how its went for me!

#15 Janet

• VIP Member
          • 7,459 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:53 PM

Dreams will be cheaper for you, maybe more expensive for your guests (just because of the nature of all-inclusive), but I guess it depends on your room rates. There are lots of girls on the board who had amazing Dreams weddings for the kind of budget you're talking about. The Hilton is gorgeous but more $$? More current brides should be able to help you out...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users