Sign in to follow this  
Heligirl

Newbie from Colorado

Hello everyone, New to the site and snowed in (in Colorado) so I thought I would do some planning. I would like to get married in July but dont have a resort or day booked- do you think I will have a hard time.. I was looking at the iberostar resorts (tucan and lindo), the grand palladium, and am open to suggestions. I want it to be affordable for guests also. Any thoughts?

Thanks Andrea

welcome to the forum...what a PITA to be snowed in...we have family in colorado sad.gif

let us know how we can help!

ps. jackie our moderator of the RM forum is super knowledgeable with resorts...

Welcome! At least you have a good excuse to stay in and focus on the wedding! I am travelling to Chicago (home) tomorrow, and don't like my chances of getting in on time - I think part of your storm may visit us! It sounds like you're flexible with your location - so I bet you'll be able to find a good date at at least one of those resorts! Maybe you can list them in order of preference, and then find out what dates are available at each one.

How many people do you plan on having? Are there a lot of children?

Welcome, what a good day to do research for your wedding. Let us know how we can help.

Welcome! I am flying home to Denver on Sunday...I'm hoping things are cleared up by then. I don't know about the hotels you mentioned but I'm sure someone does....

Welcome, I'm sure you'll find this site helpful for finding information on the resorts you're interested in. Tell us whats most important and maybe we can better direct you.

Im thinking about 30 people and 4 kids, `I was also looking at the occidental grand x caret- affordable for people and seems nice. Just worried about the small beach and if the guests get seperated because it's a large resort. I cant find any pictures of weddings there..anyone have any pics.?. my e- mail is AWESSELINK@msn.com

THanks Andrea

I cant get a flight out earlier than the 26th because of the storm.. the reason I was going is for Christmas and my grandmother is very sick- this would be out last one together sad.gif but what can you do.. Good luck on flying out here!! Your wedding pic is great.. Congrats!!!

Andrea

Hi Andrea and Welcome,

Colorado! I'm so jelous! I would love nothing more than to be snowed in in Colorado! We visited Crested Butte a couple of years ago and fell in love! But we are also kind of weirdos that love that small western town atmosphere.

I e-mailed you some picture of the Occidental Grand Xcaret!

As far as there beach goes. It is a man made lagoon. So if beach is on the top of your list than this resort is probably not for you. However Playe Del Carmens best beach is a 10 minute cab ride from the resort. So if this is ok for you than this resort could be a contender.

The Iberestor are very popular for people that like vacationing in PDC, however I havent heard much about them wedding wise.