Newbie from Colorado

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Heligirl

• 97 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 07:47 PM

Hello everyone, New to the site and snowed in (in Colorado) so I thought I would do some planning. I would like to get married in July but dont have a resort or day booked- do you think I will have a hard time.. I was looking at the iberostar resorts (tucan and lindo), the grand palladium, and am open to suggestions. I want it to be affordable for guests also. Any thoughts?
    Thanks Andrea

#2 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 21 December 2006 - 07:50 PM

welcome to the forum...what a PITA to be snowed in...we have family in colorado

let us know how we can help!

ps. jackie our moderator of the RM forum is super knowledgeable with resorts...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
    Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 07:56 PM

Welcome! At least you have a good excuse to stay in and focus on the wedding! I am travelling to Chicago (home) tomorrow, and don't like my chances of getting in on time - I think part of your storm may visit us! It sounds like you're flexible with your location - so I bet you'll be able to find a good date at at least one of those resorts! Maybe you can list them in order of preference, and then find out what dates are available at each one.

How many people do you plan on having? Are there a lot of children?

#4 Christine

• VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 21 December 2006 - 08:02 PM

Welcome, what a good day to do research for your wedding. Let us know how we can help.
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 Janet

• VIP Member
      • 7,459 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 09:23 PM

Welcome! I am flying home to Denver on Sunday...I'm hoping things are cleared up by then. I don't know about the hotels you mentioned but I'm sure someone does....

#6 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 09:42 PM

Welcome, I'm sure you'll find this site helpful for finding information on the resorts you're interested in. Tell us whats most important and maybe we can better direct you.

#7 Heligirl

• 97 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 11:10 PM

Im thinking about 30 people and 4 kids, `I was also looking at the occidental grand x caret- affordable for people and seems nice. Just worried about the small beach and if the guests get seperated because it's a large resort. I cant find any pictures of weddings there..anyone have any pics.?. my e- mail is AWESSELINK@msn.com
            THanks Andrea

#8 Heligirl

• 97 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 11:13 PM

I cant get a flight out earlier than the 26th because of the storm.. the reason I was going is for Christmas and my grandmother is very sick- this would be out last one together but what can you do.. Good luck on flying out here!! Your wedding pic is great.. Congrats!!!

#9 Jackie

• 2,290 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 01:20 AM

Hi Andrea and Welcome,
                Colorado! I'm so jelous! I would love nothing more than to be snowed in in Colorado! We visited Crested Butte a couple of years ago and fell in love! But we are also kind of weirdos that love that small western town atmosphere.
                I e-mailed you some picture of the Occidental Grand Xcaret!
                As far as there beach goes. It is a man made lagoon. So if beach is on the top of your list than this resort is probably not for you. However Playe Del Carmens best beach is a 10 minute cab ride from the resort. So if this is ok for you than this resort could be a contender.
                The Iberestor are very popular for people that like vacationing in PDC, however I havent heard much about them wedding wise.
                My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review

#10 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
                • 1,430 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 01:24 AM

Hi Andrea! Have fun with all the snow out there! Welcome to the forum and happy planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users