Photo

How would you wear a pear shaped diamond?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Gretchen

Gretchen
  • Banned
  • 416 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:53 PM

I have a pear shaped diamond ring (not my engagement ring) and have always worn it with the point facing the tip of my finger.
    Yesterday at a training, I saw a woman with her ring the other way.
    I JUST kept staring at it. I couldn't figure out if I was wearing mine "wrong" or if she was... Is there a "right" way to wear it or is it just preferance? Which way would you wear one?
    Gretchen "GiGi"

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:55 PM

my first e-ring was pear shaped, and i wore it with the point facing my fingernail (like you). it's really a personal preference. somebody will probably tell you there's a right and wrong way ... but who cares!? lol i'd wear it how you like it best.

#3 LisaG

LisaG
      • VIP Member
      • 7,839 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:58 PM

If I had one, I would probably wear it with the point facing my fingernail.

#4 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:03 PM

Yeah I would wear it like you...not sure why, but to me it would almost seem backwards the other way.

#5 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:08 PM

I would wear it the way you do, longways. I think if I wore it the other way it would make my fingers look fat. Of coure my center diamond of my e-ring is a princess cut and I don't wear it as a square, its set like a baseball diamond (that's what my DH told the jeweler when she asked him how he wanted it placed-such a man)
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#6 Gretchen

Gretchen
          • Banned
          • 416 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:09 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by starchild
            Yeah I would wear it like you...not sure why, but to me it would almost seem backwards the other way.
            That is what I was thinking. And, it was big enough that I would worry about the point "stabbing" my hand if I bent my fingers back a bit.
            I just couldn't seem to stop staring at her finger. LOL
            Gretchen "GiGi"

#7 Alyssa

Alyssa
            • 11,793 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:09 PM

yeah i have never seen it worn with the point facing any other way except the fingernail - weird - but to each his own.

my mom has a pear - it's really pretty!

#8 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:10 PM

yeah, the other way sounds backwards.

#9 Gretchen

Gretchen
                • Banned
                • 416 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:19 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Christine
                  I would wear it the way you do, longways. I think if I wore it the other way it would make my fingers look fat. Of coure my center diamond of my e-ring is a princess cut and I don't wear it as a square, its set like a baseball diamond (that's what my DH told the jeweler when she asked him how he wanted it placed-such a man)
                  I LOVE THAT! Like a baseball diamond! Too funny! I also have my mom's marquis. It is not set with the points lined up with the finger but with them at a slant. I like the different settings - but not the pear with the point down.
                  Gretchen "GiGi"

#10 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:25 PM

I agree, not really sure why, but I would point it towards the fingertip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users