I ordered my photobooks through BDW and Tammy, and they came yesterday. For those who might not know, they are our engagement photos taken by Juan Carlos Tapia while on our site visit in September. They turned out awesome (A+)! I ordered myself a large leatherbound album with our names embossed on the front. I ordered our parents and grandma a small black linen album. We were equally happy with both binding options, and honestly if money is an issue, just go for the linen- it looks great. The linen books also have a picture on the cover, where the leather does not.

For those that are considering taking on a project like this, realize that you really do get what you pay for. These are very expensive books, but the quality was excellent compared to others I have seen.

Also, you can get as detailed or not as you like, but I have over 60 hours into my book when you consider the time it took me to crop the pictures they way I wanted them, layout the pages, upload to the photobook website, re-do the layout of the pages, etc. I know I am very picky, but it would take anyone a much longer time to make this book as opposed to a Kodak or Shutterly book.

I used Lumapix Photofusion software (A+) that I paid about $100 for to make my pages. For anyone who wants an easy to use software that is much easier than photoshop, this is the way to go.

If you are interested in the type of book I made, feel free to contact me or Tammy (host) for more info. I'd be happy to share more tips and things I had to learn the hard way. I'll try to start a thread of Photobook tips within the next few days. Here it is...

The cover:

Click the image to open in full size.

First page:

Other pages:

The last page:

Thanks for all your help and suggestions while I was working on this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreslove View Post
Wow. Very beautiful and professional looking. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Lenita- by the way, it's so nice to see a pic of you and your FI, what a good looking couple you are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinationbride07 View Post
WOW So gorgeous! Looks very professional...so you taking on any more jobs??

just kidding lol lol looks great though!
hehe I really don't think it would be worth it since I'd only be able to charge like $1 per hour- it takes me so long!

Sarah - those look awesome! Very professional!

I also took on the task of making photo books for x-mas gifts to my family. We go on a family vacation every year together and so I put the pictures of our trip this summer together. I used shutterfly and LOVED IT!!!! It is super easy to use and I got the books yesterday (they estimated they wouldn't be here until Friday so I was happy with the quick turn around.) The quality of the books is great. Granted mine are filled with summer vacation pictures so I used fun and colorful backgrounds not fancy wedding pictures. I ordered 8x8 books with 21 pages of photos - the entire cover is a photo of a lake where we stay - it looks great! I payed $29.99 for each book plus shipping. Well worth it and I am sure my family will love them!