Cooking Class

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 -Kate-

• VIP Member
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 10:00 PM

Tonight Brett and I are going to a 3 hour long Thai cooking class. I'm SO excited. It was a wedding gift from my co-workers and 4 of them are joining us for the class. We get to learn how to make Phad Thai, Kao Soy, Yum Woon Sen, Tom Yum Haeng Sen Lek, and Lab Mua Nang. Plus, I think there is some wine involved.

I'll let you know how it goes and share any tips I learn.
    Seattle girls - It's blueribboncooking.com if you want to check it out. It's on Lake Union.

#2 1elephant

• VIP Member
    • 15,998 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 10:16 PM

mmmmmmmmmm i'm so jealous - i love thai food!!!! i love love love jungle curry but there aren't many places that make it...and i'm not sure what you'll be making (other than pad thai) b/c i rely on the english translation, but have fun!!!!

#3 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 04 February 2008 - 10:24 PM

cooking classes are so fun!!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
      Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
      • VIP Member
      • 4,116 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 10:28 PM

That's so great!! You guys will have a blast! I've only been to one cooking class but I remember having a good time. It was fun learning a lot and trying all the different foods....and they did have wine pairings with each item.

Yum! Can't wait to hear about it!!

#5 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 10:29 PM

what a great gift idea! have fun!

#6 starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

What fun! Thai is the best, so cool that you get to take the class. Don't be afraid to share some recipes when you're done :P

#7 Leia78

• VIP Member
            • 2,459 posts

That sounds so fun and yummy Kate. My girlfriends and I are always saying that we should do one, but we have yet to sign up for it. Let us know how it goes.

#8 -Kate-

• VIP Member
              • 7,676 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 03:13 AM

All I can say is YUM!!! I'll post the recipes as soon as I get a chance. That was so much fun and I am SO full!

#9 gkashmira

• 1,962 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 03:19 AM

That sounds like SO much fun! I've been thinking the two of us should do something like that too. We're always complaining that we don't have any new recipes. Let us know how it goes and of course give us some hints please!
                  Kashmira & Dan
                  Happily married since June 16, 2007
                  Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                  Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#10 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 10,366 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:11 AM

that sounds really fun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users