Reception in Punta Cana

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jbride

jbride
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 02:53 PM

Hi,

I'd like to hear from any brides that are planning a private reception in any of the hotels banquet halls??

Thanks!

#2 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 03:43 PM

I decided not to do any banquet hall reception b/c I was afraid it would not seem 'beachy' enough. Most of the banquet halls I have seen look very 'hotel-ish' and not Caribbean ... and since that is the reason we chose a DW, it didn't seem to make sense for us. I would see about any of your resorts open-air restaurants as well, which can be privatized for the reception AND give you that beachy feel -- if that is what you are looking for.

We are having a beach reception.

#3 ticia277

ticia277
      • 212 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 05:39 PM

I'm having a private reception at our resort. I'm still contemplating on having it inside the hall though. I originally planned for an outdoor reception on the terrace, but I think I'd prefer an inside reception because we can have some AC. I don't want to be uncomfortable all night in my gown if it's too hot.
        Loving Married Life!

#4 TammyDez

TammyDez
        • 146 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:07 PM

O- Foxytv I just saw your reception set up in another thread and I am so jealous that you know that’s what to expect it is so beachy and beautiful! And to the original posting question- I was at an indoor wedding in Cancun and it was nice but had no island feel to it, though the air was nice. Good luck with your decision.

#5 foxytv

foxytv
          • VIP Member
          • 7,740 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:57 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by TammyDez
            O- Foxytv I just saw your reception set up in another thread and I am so jealous that you know that’s what to expect it is so beachy and beautiful! And to the original posting question- I was at an indoor wedding in Cancun and it was nice but had no island feel to it, though the air was nice. Good luck with your decision.
            Oh thanks so much Tammy! We can hardly wait (and yet there is till so much to do!!!).

Have you spoken to the WC at Dreams to see if she can email you some pics from weddings there to see the different reception options/set-ups? I realize the resort recently changed hands, but surely they have started a file of pics.

#6 Otis1230

Otis1230
            • 130 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 07:18 PM

We picked the outside restaurant on the beach area (Marino)
              Some what private- we are having a 3 hour reception with DJ and Fire dancers and stuff. It was easier and is some what private
              Michael & Lisa
              April 25th, 2008
              Paradisus Punta Cana

#7 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
              • 1,830 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 07:50 PM

I'm planning an outdoor Gazebo ceremony with most likely an indoor reception (gotta have my ac, lol).

#8 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:57 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Otis1230
                  We picked the outside restaurant on the beach area (Marino)
                  Some what private- we are having a 3 hour reception with DJ and Fire dancers and stuff. It was easier and is some what private
                  Fire dancers? I don't have any info on that.

We are having cigar rollers.

Did Viviana send you the info on the fire dancers? Please share whatever you know, including price. I guess I need to drop her an email about that!

#9 Otis1230

Otis1230
                  • 130 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 05:38 PM

The fire dancers are 550 for 2, but you can get one at a cheaper price.
                    We are having it inside marino restaurant because its not a closed in restaurant. Contact her- she has some great ideas that are not on her price list.
                    We also have the dominican trio for the wedding
                    Michael & Lisa
                    April 25th, 2008
                    Paradisus Punta Cana

#10 Copita

Copita
                    • 979 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:04 AM

We are doing a private reception at a restaurant right on the beach. It is gorgeous and has beautiful thatched cana roofs to cover the tables, but is open air! I cannot wait and am really excited.
                      We really did not want anything other than a private reception with our family and friends. We are also getting a live band and DJ. So excited!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users