Sign in to follow this  
amy706

Site visit review and pics - Dreams Tulum

Hey ladies,

How long did it take for you to hear back from Sandra regarding availability? I really want to reserve our date but I haven't heard back yet!

It took quite a few days and then there was still miscommunication and then she finally wrote me back and confirmed clearly

"Anne (my name is AMY) you are confirmed for May 5th or something. I WAS ASKING FOR DECEMBER. But she cleared it up. I think she's just WAY overworked. Call her though- that's usually easier.

I just got an email from her that she "mass-emailed" to 20 or so other brides. She said she got my email a few days ago and would get to it on fri or saturday. Just try to be patient, she gets better as time passes :)

Sandra is totally overworked...I felt the same way in the begining but then I realized that there is not too much she can do so far in advance for my wedding! Plus, keep in mind it IS Mexico, the entire climate is calm and relaxed so things are a little slower. I was getting nervous 2 weeks ago about our site visit we are planning this Thursday, and we haven't heard a thing from Sandra or Dreams. Tammy (my TA) assured me it was confirmed and that they do the paying/confirmation thing different all of the time. Then she emailed asking for our Credit Card so that we could pay and get our confirmation(per Dreams) then they changed their minds again and told her to tell us to wait until we got down there to pay. This was in a matter of a DAY that they changed their minds!

Now, I finally set up an appointment with Sandra to meet with her this Friday morning during our site visit...and that took a few weeks to set up. I just gotta remember why I chose a DW in the first place...RELAXED ATMOSPHERE!

Can't believe I'm leaving 4 days for our site visit! I'll be taking plenty of pictures! And if anyone has any ideas or a list of questions I should be asking..please help! If I don't have a list I'll completely space when I actually get down there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisha0612 View Post
Sandra is totally overworked...I felt the same way in the begining but then I realized that there is not too much she can do so far in advance for my wedding! Plus, keep in mind it IS Mexico, the entire climate is calm and relaxed so things are a little slower. I was getting nervous 2 weeks ago about our site visit we are planning this Thursday, and we haven't heard a thing from Sandra or Dreams. Tammy (my TA) assured me it was confirmed and that they do the paying/confirmation thing different all of the time. Then she emailed asking for our Credit Card so that we could pay and get our confirmation(per Dreams) then they changed their minds again and told her to tell us to wait until we got down there to pay. This was in a matter of a DAY that they changed their minds!
Now, I finally set up an appointment with Sandra to meet with her this Friday morning during our site visit...and that took a few weeks to set up. I just gotta remember why I chose a DW in the first place...RELAXED ATMOSPHERE!

Can't believe I'm leaving 4 days for our site visit! I'll be taking plenty of pictures! And if anyone has any ideas or a list of questions I should be asking..please help! If I don't have a list I'll completely space when I actually get down there!
Yay!!...Im so excited to have more pics and review from another site visit. This forum is so awesome!

Does anyone have any recommendations for site visits.... Did you stay at one hotel the same time? Was it easy to travel between hotels? Also, did they give you a discount on your stay for considering their site for your wedding? Thanks!

Awesome! You'll have such a wonderful time! I actualy have one thing... would you please take a picture of the bar menu (pool bar and/or sugar reef bar). I didn't take a picture of it and since i've returned I decided to do a 'signature drink' for our wedding- basically rename one of their drinks after something signifcant to us. I'm going to make a bar menu with our new name but i want to use an actual drink they already make. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!! and have fun!!

PS my TA got us a good rate. We stayed in the dreams jr suite garden view for $89per person per night.

We got the same exact rate as well!!!! I will totally take a pic. of the Bar Menu! I'm so freakin excited, I had to go out today and buy a new cute summer dress .... and shoes....oh yeah and a new top for the occasion! Can't imagine what it will be like for the actual wedding!

Okay so here is my list of questions so far...

For the Ultimate package can we exchange the Caribbean trio for mariachi?

If we are using our own photographer can we exchange that for the mariachi?

How much will it cost extra per person?

When can we reserve activities for our groups?

Where should we hold our Welcome Cocktail party?

Flowers?

how much for Ipod/speaker/microphone rental?

Rental of sandbox for placecards?

uhh.....I dunno what else!

Trisha can u ask about upgrades? I read on this forum wedding guests are eligible for a 50% discount on upgrades during the check-in process. Sooo, I asked my TA and she says that's not true! I am so confused! I'd appreciate any info on that.

Also, how much $$ to have a bonfire on the beach after the reception.

Thanks and have fun! U are going to LOVE DT!!