Sign in to follow this  
amy706

Site visit review and pics - Dreams Tulum

My fiance adn I did a site visit the last weekend in January to meet sandra, view the grounds and confirm this is where we want our most imoprtant day. Overall the stay was wonderful!! The service was great. The grounds and the rooms were beautiful. The food was decent. The drink sizes and strength were pretty good for an all inclusive. I especially enjoyed the mango daiquiris and mojitos! We ate at the sushi bar (okay- not the best but not the worst), the French restaurant the Bordeaux (very nice ambiance, the food was quite good- GREAT presentation) and the Asian restaurant (this food was VERY VERY good- I was quite impressed).

We met with Sandra on Saturday to answer some questions. We toured the grounds a bit and then she answered all of my questions. She is very accommodating and will try to make whatever you want happen. We also went to the Tulum ruins one afternoon. YOU HAVE TO GO THERE. It is absolutely beautiful! Great activity to treat your guests to. Only 5 minutes away and 7 dollar cab ride.

Pictures and more information attached in word- sorry I dont know how to use photbucket!

DreamsTulum.doc

You are the BEST! Thank you so much!! I came into work this morning with my desk full of work, my voicemail flashing, my inbox with far to many messages but thanks to you I feel GREAT!

If you don't mind me picking your brain what sort of questions were on your hit list and what were her answers?

Thank you so much for posting your review Amy!! Those of us bride's who were unable to do a site visit before the wedding really appreciate and rely on these reviews!!

I just had a few questions for you:

1) Did the rooms seem musty at all when you entered them? If so, which one(s) did you notice most?

2) Which night of the week was the Mayan show?

I am sure I will have a few more questions but I think that is it for now. Again, THANK YOU!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive View Post
You are the BEST! Thank you so much!! I came into work this morning with my desk full of work, my voicemail flashing, my inbox with far to many messages but thanks to you I feel GREAT!

If you don't mind me picking your brain what sort of questions were on your hit list and what were her answers?

Sorry to hijack the thread but I just realized your wedding is 10 days after ours, and the day we fly home! What day are you arriving?

I have a question.

The wdding that you saw on the beach...what time was that wedding? Did it seem like there were TONS of people gathering around to watch the ceremony?

My ceremony is set to start at 3PM and I don't mind people looking but I hope that they don;t come up in their speedos and plop down on a lounge chair!! =)

Yeah! I just got back from a site visit too! I must have just missed you Amy!

Your review is quite similar to mine. The grounds were beautiful! The service was amazing! And I felt the food was good, sometimes great (at Bordeaux)! I was pleasantly surprised! So much so I switched from the Paradisus to Dreams Tulum!

The WC there, Sandra, was extremely nice. Very busy though so I can see why it takes her a while to get back to you.

So now too what I wasn't too crazy about: drive time. I rented a car and it took me 1 hr 20 min to get to the resort. Not too bad but remember there are a gazillion resorts closer in. Also, concerned about the older rooms. I didn't see one because I stayed in a dreams jr suite (amazing) but I've read terrible reviews.

And I'm also not too wild about there being other weddings on my wedding day. Dreams allows up to 3 weddings on any given day. My wedding will be at sunset and I'm hoping Sandra won't be too busy to set up my locations.

Still, I feel like Dreams Tulum is the place 4 us! If you have a specific question let me know. I also visited Paradisus, Azul Beach and Azul View.

I had a million questions- I'll check my list when I get home from work.

She said with the ultimate package that if we use an outside photographer we could subsitute longer use of the videographer since we wont be using the photographer that comes wth the package. With the ultiamte package, you can pick food from either the silver menu or the gold menu. She told us that tthe ultimate package includes the set up we discussed - ribbons, tables, chairs, and that there are no seperate privateevent fees for having it on the beach.

That was my thing too- I wasn't thrilled. there are 3 weddings in total on our wedding day! But that seems to be the norm there and they manage it?!?! I didn't notice any musty smell when we toured the 2 hacienda rooms. the only smell we noticed the whole time was by this fountain in between the sugar reef outside bar and the Patio. you cannot smell it from the bar or the Patio restaurant but the walk in between is a sewage/rotten egg smell briefly.

i was concerned about the distance as well but it didn't really bother me. On the way in you're so excited and lookign around (plus the driver stopped and we got beer!) so it flew by. It would be a bit harder for the families with kids after 2 flights and customs (we have a few of those coming to our wedding!) but theyll get over it:)

Oh the wedding we watched was at 4pm. It actually started a few minutes late. There were definitely still people on the beach at this time (Including us). they moved the chairs over slightly but there were a lot of spectators. i decided that i would ask my groomsmen to make sure all of the sunbathers are moved even further than the resort had moved them prior to 'launch' time! There were also people walkign up the beach. But when you have a wedding on the beach- you cant stop everyone from enjoying their vacation too. just hope everyone is respectful!!! It was livable in my opinion.